• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

This Technique Increased my Charging Capacity

Cars
2022 Lucid Air Dream
This week, I was telling the Seattle Lucid tech that my Air Dream was not charging to the level I expected. I tried setting charging capacity at 95%, but I was only getting around 85% (450 miles). He suggested I charge at 80%, which allows the batters to "rebalance" themselves. I charged at 80%. Then, as I am going on a long trip today, I charged at 100% last night. I have 495 miles, which is 95% capacity. This makes sense, as the battery capacity has degraded 5% over 2.5 years. I never would have though to charge at 80%, to get capacity back to where it should be.

This week, I was telling the Seattle Lucid tech that my Air Dream was not charging to the level I expected. I tried setting charging capacity at 95%, but I was only getting around 85% (450 miles). He suggested I charge at 80%, which allows the batters to "rebalance" themselves. I charged at 80%. Then, as I am going on a long trip today, I charged at 100% last night. I have 495 miles, which is 95% capacity. This makes sense, as the battery capacity has degraded 5% over 2.5 years. I never would have though to charge at 80%, to get capacity back to where it should be.
Interesting... most batteries recalibrate when you charge them up to 100, if that is what you meant. 5 percent is not at all that bad! How much miles do you have?

…And people wonder why I slam that API where everyone thinks they have 10% loss on their sub 10k mile cars 🤦‍♂️

But interesting outcome Michael! Like @xponents said, most cars require 100% charges to recalibrate. Will be sure to try 80% one day if my rated range drops too fast

…And people wonder why I slam that API where everyone thinks they have 10% loss on their sub 10k mile cars 🤦‍♂️
I sure hope no one thinks that when I keep saying "no one knows what this actually means" :p
As we've said though, the 4% -ish buffer + early accelerated degradation does seem to check out though.

Back