This Could Be A Charging Gamechanger

Yeah this was what I was hoping would happen. I’m very much looking forward to the supercharger network being the new EA five years from now. BP and all the rest should be on a massive hiring spree right about now.

Part of me also hopes they swap back to CCS and tell NACS to die, but that ship seems to have sailed, maybe, since NACS is at least a real standard now.

We’ll see!

Yeah this was what I was hoping would happen. I’m very much looking forward to the supercharger network being the new EA five years from now. BP and all the rest should be on a massive hiring spree right about now.

Part of me also hopes they swap back to CCS and tell NACS to die, but that ship seems to have sailed, maybe, since NACS is at least a real standard now.

We’ll see!
The NACS plug is smaller and better, so I don't mind that change. I think you're right, and it's very likely someone else will eventually become the largest charging network with NACS, far outpacing the Supercharger network, given that Musk has all but killed the entire division, regardless of what he says to the contrary.

Companies like BP who already understand the "refueling of cars" retail business are the most likely candidates.

Supposedly they will support NACS and CCS - hopefully replacing the short cables on the NACS so CCS can use them with an adapter if the CCS stations are all in use. Updating them so LUCID isn't capped at 50 kW would also be great news. P.S. I'm hoping they realize there are paved roads north of Manchester in NH.

The NACS plug is smaller and better, so I don't mind that change. I think you're right, and it's very likely someone else will eventually become the largest charging network with NACS, far outpacing the Supercharger network, given that Musk has all but killed the entire division, regardless of what he says to the contrary.

Companies like BP who already understand the "refueling of cars" retail business are the most likely candidates.
Oh I agree. I have nothing against NACS as a concept. I prefer it.

It’s just so much ado about literally nothing, except that it’s a smaller connector. I don’t care. Stop messing with connectors and just build more reliable chargers. It all speaks CCS. Just more wasted time and energy imho.

Back