The "Vomit Machine"

marsarbu

Cars
S560, Panamera, Palisade
Hello everyone, I just picked up my 2024 AGT, Phantom Blue w/ Mohave, Stealth, on 19". It took me a while to find this combo, because most AGT come with black interior and on 20+ wheels.

I live in Oceanside, San Diego. I am a big car lover, I had 27 cars over 22 years, mostly high performance germans. Oh, and an American, a 2018 Shelby GT350. At my age I appreciate a fast but quiet & refined ride, so the Shelby was a short experience.

I flew to the Bay Area to pick up the car, I put 400+ miles driving it back the same day. So far I love it and I only had 4 or 5 errors that - thank God - went away on their own.

Why the "Vomit Machine"? Because that's what 3 ppl have said so far, after asking me to demo the acceleration :)

I lurked a bit in the forums before, seems like a bunch of great folks here. Looking forward being part of the community. Thank you!

New to us LGT. We live in Santa Rosa and took a drive to the coast. Lost our radio 10 miles out. Sure it is a rural area but all of our other cars, MBZ and Jeep have sat radios. Found out there is no Sat radio. Holy crap! Ate these cars only for big city owners? Hope there will be a way to put Sat radio into tjis very expensive car.

New to us LGT. We live in Santa Rosa and took a drive to the coast. Lost our radio 10 miles out. Sure it is a rural area but all of our other cars, MBZ and Jeep have sat radios. Found out there is no Sat radio. Holy crap! Ate these cars only for big city owners? Hope there will be a way to put Sat radio into tjis very expensive car.
There is streaming SiriusXM by subscription. The advantage is there are many more options and channels available on the streaming version. The disadvantage is you need a cellular signal to use it.

Welcome. And if anyone has to puke, make sure it's in the back seat where there's no perforated leather, 🤣

Oh and Tuxmats! But you probably don't need those in So Cal

Hello everyone, I just picked up my 2024 AGT, Phantom Blue w/ Mohave, Stealth, on 19". It took me a while to find this combo, because most AGT come with black interior and on 20+ wheels.

I live in Oceanside, San Diego. I am a big car lover, I had 27 cars over 22 years, mostly high performance germans. Oh, and an American, a 2018 Shelby GT350. At my age I appreciate a fast but quiet & refined ride, so the Shelby was a short experience.

I flew to the Bay Area to pick up the car, I put 400+ miles driving it back the same day. So far I love it and I only had 4 or 5 errors that - thank God - went away on their own.

Why the "Vomit Machine"? Because that's what 3 ppl have said so far, after asking me to demo the acceleration :)

I lurked a bit in the forums before, seems like a bunch of great folks here. Looking forward being part of the community. Thank you!

In all honesty, the first time I did that I was nauseous and dizzy for at least 30 minutes afterwards.

There is streaming SiriusXM by subscription. The advantage is there are many more options and channels available on the streaming version. The disadvantage is you need a cellular signal to use it.
It also has the advantage of not being blacked out by trees, overpasses etc. As you said, if there’s a cell signal available, you should get reception.

I've discovered that 0-60 in under about four seconds just makes me ill. It's useful to know when framing about my next car.

When doing fast acceleration with inexperienced passengers, always tell them to put their heads against the headrest before launching. It prevents then from fighting the g-forces and pulling a neck muscle. Enjoy!

When doing fast acceleration with inexperienced passengers, always tell them to put their heads against the headrest before launching. It prevents then from fighting the g-forces and pulling a neck muscle. Enjoy!
Always a good idea. My husband demonstrated the acceleration to our son when we first got the car without telling him that first. My son still complains about that a year and a half later.

Welcome. And if anyone has to puke, make sure it's in the back seat where there's no perforated leather, 🤣

Oh and Tuxmats! But you probably don't need those in So Cal
back seats have perforated leather....so just don't puke anywhere

I've discovered that 0-60 in under about four seconds just makes me ill. It's useful to know when framing about my next car.
I think a 4.5s to 60 is enough, at least for me. That's what I've been used to in the last few years and even then I rarely did a full send.

Most folks aren’t used to the feeling of driving EV and braking needs to be gradual otherwise vomit machine it is

Back