The glitches are driving me insane

216DeltaTango

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air GT
I’m about four months into my ownership of my grand touring edition. I love driving the car but the software glitches are driving me crazy. This one is the craziest one so far.

I was on the highway and I was using dream drive so I was not in control of the car, the computer was doing the driving, and I got an alert that I was “driving erratically and I should consider stopping“ and a little coffee cup icon came on.

That’s pretty pathetic that this thing drives itself so poorly that it alerted itself to pull over and take a break.

It's not crazy. HA is not set up as a tool that completely takes driving out of your hands. So if it senses that you don't have your hands on the wheel or eyes on the road, it'll think you are tired and need a break. Mine has even sent me notifications of coffee shops in the area.

That’s pretty pathetic that this thing drives itself so poorly that it alerted itself to pull over and take a break.
You've drawn a conclusion that ignores how some aspects of the driving assistance mode currently works. It's not configured for hands off driving, or for you to not have your eyes on the road. The latter can be handled through options in the DreamDrive section of the Settings menu, but you're stuck with the former for now.

If you keep a hand on the wheel, and disable the drowsy/distracted driver setting....do you still have the issue?

I think this is a bug in 2.4.x release. I have noticed this several times now after the update. I did not get these notifications prior to the update. It can be turned off and that may be the best option right now. We know Lucid announced that a hands off Highway Assist is coming soon so I wonder if some of the driver monitoring was changed in this release to get ready for the hands off version in the future.

I believe you can turn the tired driver off. I do not have DDPro. Consumer Reports ranks Lucids ADAS just below Teslas

Lucid and Nissan lose points because they allow you to turn off the drowsy driver alert. Consumer Reports flags that as a safety issue.

I think this is a bug in 2.4.x release. I have noticed this several times now after the update. I did not get these notifications prior to the update. It can be turned off and that may be the best option right now. We know Lucid announced that a hands off Highway Assist is coming soon so I wonder if some of the driver monitoring was changed in this release to get ready for the hands off version in the future.

I've had this since 2.2.X actually -- happened so many times when I'm nowhere close to drowsy or distracted that I just ended up turning it off entirely.

If you get multiple off line close dings, at some point it triggers drowsy driver alert since the car ran near or over the line marking and driver didn't consider budging in. This is in-fact a safety future than a complain to me.

If you get multiple off line close dings, at some point it triggers drowsy driver alert since the car ran near or over the line marking and driver didn't consider budging in. This is in-fact a safety future than a complain to me.
It's triggered on me before prior to off line warnings coming up as well.

For what it's worth our other car is a Lincoln Nautilus and its BlueCruise system pops the same warnings at times when I'm alert but letting it do the driving. BlueCruise is a hands-off the wheel system for much of the interstate roads. I've just started keeping my hands on the wheel so it knows I'm still alert and keeping it centered. Also helpful for those situations where traffic is braking ahead around a curve. It doesn't do so well at noticing that before we get a bit close for comfort. I have Dream Drive Premium, not Pro, but so far I'd rate the Lucid's lane keeping and driver alert system a lot more pleasant than BlueCruise even if I can't let it drive down the highway for me.

Back