Test drive - plano,TX

kalyan

Cars
Model 3
had a test drive AGT last week in plano,TX studio. i have a AGT reservation and own a model-3. i have two request for the test drive 1. to drive in highway to feel the road noise/cabin ambience, 2. drive in local road which is closer to the Plano studio (legacy drive) , legacy drive near tollway towards preston needs lot of work. with my model-3 i will feel the road to the teeth. both got denied and i was told to drive in the pre-determined route . in fact, i want to take a left out of the studio to hit legacy and they want me to take right on legacy !. bottom line, i could not experience how the car will feel in worse roads and the inside ambience on highway drive. Can anyone share their experience on drive quality ?

had a test drive AGT last week in plano,TX studio. i have a AGT reservation and own a model-3. i have two request for the test drive 1. to drive in highway to feel the road noise/cabin ambience, 2. drive in local road which is closer to the Plano studio (legacy drive) , legacy drive near tollway towards preston needs lot of work. with my model-3 i will feel the road to the teeth. both got denied and i was told to drive in the pre-determined route . in fact, i want to take a left out of the studio to hit legacy and they want me to take right on legacy !. bottom line, i could not experience how the car will feel in worse roads and the inside ambience on highway drive. Can anyone share their experience on drive quality ?
In NY that was almost exactly the scenario I encountered. No highway driving and only drive on their preselected route. I did get one block of a poor roadway surface going back to the starting point and the car handled it well. You felt the bumps, but it certainly wasn’t ’punishing’.

I wanted to see how the car felt at least at 70 in terms of wind noise, but unfortunately that was not to be.

My daily driver is a Bentley Bentayga. I know it’s quiet. Had the Lucid GT for a couple weeks now (in Dallas area) and driven it 750 miles. Road noise is not a major issue for me. I will try to do a decibel comparison at some point. I’m not saying it’s super quiet, but I also haven’t been bothered by it either on surface streets or highways.

There are many posts comparing Tesla to lucid. Here’s one of many: https://lucidowners.com/threads/lucid-vs-tesla.3895/
Quick summary - lucid is much quieter and has a more compliant ride.

That is unfortunate. I test drove in San Diego. It was a pre-determined route, but it included a good mix of road driving and highway driving. We had almost an hour in the car.

That is unfortunate. I test drove in San Diego. It was a pre-determined route, but it included a good mix of road driving and highway driving. We had almost an hour in the car.
Same in Denver.

Yes. They have a predetermined loop which they take you on In SD. If does give a good mix of driving conditions though. Popped into the studio today as I was at the mall. They now have a Touring for test drives as well as their 2 GTs. Supposed to get a Pure shortly, but it will be the dual motor one.

As a very unscientific update, my AGT on Central Expy in Dallas cruising at 80mph clocked in at 55-58 dB on an Apple Watch. This compares favorably to what I get in a Bentayga (around 63-64).

I had the same pre-determined route situation at the Plano Studio. That being said, I picked up our AT on 12/30 from the Plano Studio but didn't drive on Legacy. Most of our driving so far has been highway driving where the driving experience has been phenomenal! Our 19" wheels have been riding well over some rough roads, and the only noise we notice are the motors (not distracting just different for an EV newbie). I will try to do some sound measurements for city and highway driving, but our cabin is quiet and comfortable. Still trying to figure out how to get Tidal to activate so I can better experience the SSP acoustics, but so far no noticeable wind noise to disturb our audio experience...

Back