- Joined
- Nov 11, 2024
- Messages
- 1,317
- Reaction score
- 1,334
- Cars
- Gravity GT custom wheels
I live in a Manhattan, NY with 0 110/220v available to me for charging. I set out to see the difference between a vehicle charging at full speed and my vehicle with reduced charging capacity (by Lucid design).
Tesla V4 500KW in North Wales PA was used in this test. It has the highest and most consistent charge speeds.
The data genuinely surprised me.
Full speed car peaked at 419KW while my car maxed at 341KW
5/6-37% was 7 minutes vs 11 minutes and 40 seconds
5/6-70% was 20 minutes vs 23 minutes
5/6-80% was 27 minutes vs 28 minutes
The top 50% the speeds are way slower for the vehicle with 0 level 2 but the thermal capacity not being used keeps battery able to sustain charge longer and it makes up for it on the back 50% with what is essentially going to be a photo finish by 90%.
I hope this answers some questions.
I will include a screenshot from the app that shows when you have maxed out DCFC and your speeds are now limited.
Tesla V4 500KW in North Wales PA was used in this test. It has the highest and most consistent charge speeds.
The data genuinely surprised me.
Full speed car peaked at 419KW while my car maxed at 341KW
5/6-37% was 7 minutes vs 11 minutes and 40 seconds
5/6-70% was 20 minutes vs 23 minutes
5/6-80% was 27 minutes vs 28 minutes
The top 50% the speeds are way slower for the vehicle with 0 level 2 but the thermal capacity not being used keeps battery able to sustain charge longer and it makes up for it on the back 50% with what is essentially going to be a photo finish by 90%.
I hope this answers some questions.
I will include a screenshot from the app that shows when you have maxed out DCFC and your speeds are now limited.