Tesla drops price for Model S/X further

I'd say there's a decent chance they'll lose some Pure reservations to the MS with the price cut, especially those that don't know about Tesla build quality and are enamored with the SC network. Hopefully it won't be many.
Yes, they would. But as electrification of this country continues. So will have more people shopping for EVs. It’s up to each brand to raise their awareness and demand. Musk has always rely on Twitter free marketing. Lucid have to find more ways to be creative.

Yes, they would. But as electrification of this country continues. So will have more people shopping for EVs. It’s up to each brand to raise their awareness and demand. Musk has always rely on Twitter free marketing. Lucid have to find more ways to be creative.
I would agree with this. There are more customers out there to be found in the Pure’s price range that they aren’t currently getting.

Having owned & sold a 2022 Tesla Model S this price drop makes sense. I used to always say it's basic interior & bouncy ride made it feel like a $60k car marked up due to lack of competition. Even more so after they moved to vision only and disabled my cars radar unit while still having phantom braking issues.

The issue is that more recent Tesla consumers have just experienced their 2nd big drop in value wiping out $15k in resale + Tesla now shipping cars with new hardware that can't be retrofitted, which drops the value even more.

This lack of support for consumers is going to erode loyalty as viable competitor EV inventory increases.

At this point, if someone buys a Tesla over a similarly priced Lucid I'm assuming it has to do with lack of marketing & customer advocacy on Lucid's part, as it's such a superior product.

Having owned & sold a 2022 Tesla Model S this price drop makes sense. I used to always say it's basic interior & bouncy ride made it feel like a $60k car marked up due to lack of competition. Even more so after they moved to vision only and disabled my cars radar unit while still having phantom braking issues.

The issue is that more recent Tesla consumers have just experienced their 2nd big drop in value wiping out $15k in resale + Tesla now shipping cars with new hardware that can't be retrofitted, which drops the value even more.

This lack of support for consumers is going to erode loyalty as viable competitor EV inventory increases.

At this point, if someone buys a Tesla over a similarly priced Lucid I'm assuming it has to do with lack of marketing & customer advocacy on Lucid's part, as it's such a superior product.
It SHOULD be a 60k car.

I think the lack of competition is a good point. Tesla has enjoyed brand loyalty almost despite themselves. They don’t treat their customers particularly well. They happened to grab a lot of folks who were passionate about EVs and had no better options. That’s certainly how I felt before Lucid came along.

But that is changing in a big way.

Of course, the media spins every Tesla price drop as somehow a good thing; they’ve been overly kind to Tesla for years. But there’s no question Tesla is starting to face stiffer competition, and their constant cost cutting and poor customer service is starting to catch up to them. Not sure how further price drops help them keep long-term customers.

As I’m fond of saying, they are good at getting you to buy your first Tesla. Not so much your second.

And looming large over it all is the still over-inflated stock price. Investors have been desperate to keep justifying their ridiculous valuation for years now. I can’t see that lasting forever.

There are over 1,000 Tesla MS parked, and ready for delivery across the US, and more coming through the production line with no orders attached to them. This is a problem Tesla has never had before and will be interesting to see how they handle it as Tesla lacks the good old car dealerships where excess production was disposed through fire sales.

It is well known that Elon Lusk is more into cost cutting and never targeted luxury. It is not about dissing. I just called out the market segment tesla is in. That is all. No personal attacks intended. Mercedes eqs is the direct completion to lucid I think. Tesla is a value play. It has its place.

It is well known that Elon Lusk is more into cost cutting and never targeted luxury. It is not about dissing. I just called out the market segment tesla is in. That is all. No personal attacks intended. Mercedes eqs is the direct completion to lucid I think. Tesla is a value play. It has its place.

I would have to add the Porsche Taycan and the forthcoming BMW I5 (which I suspect will be about the same size as the Lucid Air).

I would have to add the Porsche Taycan and the forthcoming BMW I5 (which I suspect will be about the same size as the Lucid Air).
Yes. I agree and also they play in the luxury segment.

69B4F2C9-EBCE-4563-994E-4A9C0A82C199.jpeg

F258E0A8-F15F-45E0-8D47-22E1572626CD.jpeg

Carvana is being screwed, so are CarMax, AutoNation and many other dealership. Why buy a used 2022 or 2021 MS, when one can grab one 2023 excess from Tesla parking lot for cheap?

Tesla just keep making more enemies in auto industry. Perhaps #1 hated auto company at the moment.

People often talk about how much Tesla fanboys base they have. But, there don’t see how much haters Tesla is actually made by their megalomaniac on helm.

View attachment 10327
View attachment 10328

Carvana is being screwed, so are CarMax, AutoNation and many other dealership. Why buy a used 2022 or 2021 MS, when one can grab one 2023 excess from Tesla parking lot for cheap?

Tesla just keep making more enemies in auto industry. Perhaps #1 hated auto company at the moment.

People often talk about how much Tesla fanboys base they have. But, there don’t see how much haters Tesla is actually made by their megalomaniac on helm.
Is 89k the base price for the cheapest Tesla RWD or AWD? Also, I see the EPA range. What is the realistic range at 70mph on a long distance drive from LA to SF?

Is 89k the base price for the cheapest Tesla RWD or AWD? Also, I see the EPA range. What is the realistic range at 70mph on a long distance drive from LA to SF?
I found the answer partly. AWD MOdel S 405miles EPA range.

2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD 19"​

The 2022 Tesla Model S with 19" wheels has an EPA Combined range of 405 miles (652 km). The EPA Highway range is 387.7 miles (623.8 km).
A comment from a Tesla Owner:
"Aug 2, 2022: I recently purchased a 2021 (refreshed model) model s LR, tempest wheels.
the vehicle is rated at 405 miles, but i cannot get anywhere close to that range.
At best i am squeezing 60% of the range ( IE. charged to 324 miles(80%), driven down to 81 miles (20%) = in theory i should of driven 242. Real life results, i get 150 miles at best, ie the 60%ish efficiency rate)"
So, in the above example if he started with 100% and charged at 20%, he would have got (80/60)*150= 200miles and then if he charged to 95% (75/60)*150 = 187 miles and make it
in 1 charge and arrive at 20% Soc.
I started with 97% Soc charged once to 97% in Pure AWD after 365 miles with 37% range.

View attachment 10327
View attachment 10328

I wouldn’t shed a tear for the dealers here. They are the first to price gouge consumers for every extra dollar they can get when the market is in their favor. For a couple years dealers have been able to sell 3 or 4 year old cars for more than their new price because people needed cars and there weren’t enough to go around, and they made bank doing so.

I wouldn’t shed a tear for the dealers here. They are the first to price gouge consumers for every extra dollar they can get when the market is in their favor. For a couple years dealers have been able to sell 3 or 4 year old cars for more than their new price because people needed cars and there weren’t enough to go around, and they made bank doing so.
Carvana may go bankrupt soon. They overpaid these old cars bc market condition back then.

Back