"Temperature Deviation" Rear Motor

Westchester Air

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Mar 7, 2025
Messages
203
Reaction score
263
Location
Westchester, NY
Cars
25 AT, 23 Subaru Ascent
Referral Code
8W0TRV52
Just received a call from My Lucid Service Advisor. He told me that his service team received an alert about a "temperature deviation" on the rear motor. It's "not anything I need to bring in right away", but i should bring it in over the next couple of weeks. He specifically told me I shouldn't worry about the car "bricking" and becoming undriveable, because his service team would tell him it was urgent.

I have no alert or warning on the car and he said I probably wouldn't. It's a "back-end" thing that his team received from the car.

Anyone experienced this before? How nervous would you be about driving the car? (2025 AT)
 
I have a 2025 GT, and while I did not receive this call from service, I felt juddering from my rear motor one evening, and the car felt extremely sluggish, nowhere near an 800+ hp car. I called service and they had engineering look at the logs of the car and determined the rear drive unit cooling pump was inoperative. Essentially, when the RDU got too hot, it would shut down, making the car FWD and with limited power.

Service scheduled me in 2 weeks later, I brought the car in, and to be on the safe side, they replaced the RDU cooling pump, FDU cooling pump, HV battery cooling pump, and interior cabin cooling pump.

I have had no issues since then, and even for the couple of weeks that I drove the car, everything was fine. I would just recommend driving in a "normal" manner...aka no launches, no excessively hard acceleration and so on.

Keep us updated on your progress!
 
This is how I was notified about a coolant pump replacement in my Air. No warnings from the car to me, but Lucid's fleet monitoring system detected the issue and Lucid reached out to me via phone.

I think you're fine to follow their instruction. If they say your car isn't going to blow up, I don't think it'll blow up.

(edit - here's my experience with the cooling pump replacement: https://lucidowners.com/threads/battery-coolant-pump-issue-take-two.13166/post-288861)
 
I have a 2025 GT, and while I did not receive this call from service, I felt juddering from my rear motor one evening, and the car felt extremely sluggish, nowhere near an 800+ hp car. I called service and they had engineering look at the logs of the car and determined the rear drive unit cooling pump was inoperative. Essentially, when the RDU got too hot, it would shut down, making the car FWD and with limited power.

Service scheduled me in 2 weeks later, I brought the car in, and to be on the safe side, they replaced the RDU cooling pump, FDU cooling pump, HV battery cooling pump, and interior cabin cooling pump.

I have had no issues since then, and even for the couple of weeks that I drove the car, everything was fine. I would just recommend driving in a "normal" manner...aka no launches, no excessively hard acceleration and so on.

Keep us updated on your progress!
Thanks...very helpful. I'll keep an eye on it. I actually already have a service call scheduled in about 3 weeks (for another issue) and plan on waiting until then. I'll update when resolved. Thanks again...
 
This is how I was notified about a coolant pump replacement in my Air. No warnings from the car to me, but Lucid's fleet monitoring system detected the issue and Lucid reached out to me via phone.

I think you're fine to follow their instruction. If they say your car isn't going to blow up, I don't think it'll blow up.

(edit - here's my experience with the cooling pump replacement: https://lucidowners.com/threads/battery-coolant-pump-issue-take-two.13166/post-288861)
Thanks very much. Good to know there are some non-urgent things that can drive this warning. Plan on keeping an existing appointment in 3 weeks and hope to take care of it then. Thanks!
 
Update on this situation and a related one. Let me first say there's a lot of complaining on this forum (often for good reasons) but it's good to share a pretty decent outcome as well!

I had two issues with my '25 AT.
  1. Front Camera Fault Warning. Would crop up every time I drove the car and would also trigger the shutdown of the "front collision avoidance" and "lane changing" warning.
  2. I received a phone call about the aforementioned "Temperature Deviation".
I had to wait about a month+ to get an appointment at Plainview (NY) because I wanted a Loaner. The reason being, the service advisor said they could have the car a couple of days or even a couple of weeks, until they know the problem.

That appointment was on Wednesday this week (2 days ago). Here's how it went down:
  • Plainview provided "concierge service". Their service rep drove a Grand Touring to my place (about an hour away) and picked up my AT.
  • The loaner was a GT nicely appointed, massage seats, the works.
  • Thursday night (just over 24 hours later) I received a text notifying me that my service was complete.
  • I called Service this morning and was told (A) they found the fault and replaced the front camera system and (B) just as @knewman suspected, they replaced 3 rear coolant pumps and the car was ready to go.
  • They're going to charge up my AT, wash it and have it driven back to my place this afternoon to pick up the loaner, which hasn't even left my driveway yet.
All in all, pretty impressive. Fast and with the concierge service, very convenient. Nice to be able to report something well done. Kudos Lucid!!!
 
Back
Top