Sunglasses

skywaterbanjo

Verified Owner
I have an annoying problem - certainly minor.
I have a pair of Oakleys I use exclusively for driving. I guess they are so reflective, the car doesn't know I am looking at the road and I get the warning to Pay Attention and the second warning basically slapping my wrist for not paying attention.

Time to change shades, I guess.

Anyone else experience this?

I have a pair of Oakleys I use exclusively for driving. I guess they are so reflective, the car doesn't know I am looking at the road and I get the warning to Pay Attention and the second warning basically slapping my wrist for not paying attention.

My Maui Jim’s don’t cause any issues. Helps with the reflections of the threading on the dashboard, too.

Are your Oakleys mirrored?

I experience this as well, with multiple different sunglasses, and none are mirrored lenses. I just talk back to the car every time and say “it’s good, I’m watching the road but thank you” 😎

Did you set up a facial recognition profile with your glasses on? That may help with the problem, but I can't say for sure.

Did you set up a facial recognition profile with your glasses on? That may help with the problem, but I can't say for sure.
I have heard this theory before but I doubt it works since the distracted driver alert works with guest profiles that cannot have saved facial recognition.

I haven't had an issue with polarized Ray-Bans either, although it's only been a few days.

I set up my profile with both “sunglasses on” and “sunglasses off” views. Both views of my face were set within one profile while the Lucid delivery rep was at my house. I have not had any issues.

i get a lot of 'Pay Attention' warnings when sunlight is hitting my face. I've a couple of Maui Jims. one of them has mirror coating and the other doesn't. I have gotten more warnings on the mirrored one but the other one is newer so i haven't had a chance to drive under direct sunlight much. i believe i did receive couple of warnings on the non-mirrored lens as well.

I set up my profile with both “sunglasses on” and “sunglasses off” views. Both views of my face were set within one profile while the Lucid delivery rep was at my house. I have not had any issues.
My wife was getting the alert every minute while wearing sunglasses. So I tried the “sunglasses on” message, but kept getting an error trying to set it up, because it couldn’t detect her eyes. So, Lucid Customer Care just said, “The vehicle will not be able to detect the driver’s eyes with sunglasses on.” But we also had the Driver Monitoring System error, so maybe it’s possible the Lucid CC is overstating it and I just have to do a reset to remove the DMS error.

On a recent drive this happened when the sun reached an angle that would reflect the sun off my sunglasses onto the face sensor. Maui Jims with top and bottom mirror bands, non-mirrored center band.

On a recent drive this happened when the sun reached an angle that would reflect the sun off my sunglasses onto the face sensor. Maui Jims with top and bottom mirror bands, non-mirrored center band.

We just did a minor test drive with two different pairs of sunglasses after clearing the DMS error and setting up a second profile with sunglasses. We reproduced the problem with the first pair and had no issue with the second pair. I think you’re onto something, though, about the angle of reflection and our minor test did not eliminate that as the issue.

Back