Successful lease return

TriumphToo

Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Messages
52
Reaction score
75
Location
Little Silver, NJ
Cars
AGT, GLS450, Outback
Referral Code
S371JJV9
Thought I’d share the perspective of a successful lease return. I’m aware of the other threads on this but thought a balanced counterpoint was warranted.

I had the 18-month bridge lease on an AGT. Two weeks before the end of my lease I had a minor accident ($44k later for a front end and hood repair but that’s for another thread). LFS agreed to extend my lease for 5 months but said I could cancel at any time once my car was repaired. It took nearly 3 months for the repair. When I got the car back I scheduled the AutoVin inspection at home. I received the inspection report (4.9/5, no damage) and returned the car to Rutherford. The scheduling process for the return was not the smoothest (delivery team vs service team vs customer care team etc etc) but we got there. Two weeks later I received the lease termination invoice for the agreed termination charge, and nothing else. I had been concerned about charges for damage from a post-return inspection, and/or LFS charging me for the full 5-month lease extension but neither of these things happened.

I do not know if there is still a further post-return inspection (as per Lucid’s website) but if there was I have not seen any evidence of that.

One bonus for me was that when I returned my car, Lucid took my all weather mats under a recall and I received a check for $300 which covers a chunk of the lease termination fee.

I sympathize with those of you battling post-return inspection damage charges. Hopefully my experience is the new path forward.
 
How long until you received the autovin report? It's been 2weeks and still waiting for mine.
 
Exactly where my situation is right now. Gone thru the repair and now doing Autovin. Want to return this ASAP and struggling to get appointment between Service vs Delivery. Any way now noning on to a used Lucid Touring. Do you guys think the prices will go down after Sept 30th after the incentives are gone? Should I wait for a month?
 
Exactly where my situation is right now. Gone thru the repair and now doing Autovin. Want to return this ASAP and struggling to get appointment between Service vs Delivery. Any way now noning on to a used Lucid Touring. Do you guys think the prices will go down after Sept 30th after the incentives are gone? Should I wait for a month?
Why would the prices go down when the car will become more expensive? If anything, the prices will go up.
 
Why would the prices go down when the car will become more expensive? If anything, the prices will go up.
Manufacturers will have to eat up the incentives. With prices high, You will loose demand
 
Manufacturers will have to eat up the incentives. With prices high, You will loose demand
You're not wrong, but most manufacturers are already losing money on the EVs. I don't see them adding another loss of $7.5k per car - at least not the small brands. Most probably the prices will increase a little bit, maybe halfway.

The Europeans will have to deal with the 15% tariff too.
 
How do you schedule the pre-inspection? I have no instructions other than a letter from Lucid Financial to call them and then the automated phone system has no option.
 
How do you schedule the pre-inspection? I have no instructions other than a letter from Lucid Financial to call them and then the automated phone system has no option.
If you’ve confirmed your return / end of lease with LFS, go online to AutoVin and enter your details and you can schedule that way.
 
Ok I had to specifically request Live Agent on LFS number, then she told me to call OPENLANE 1-888-995-8243 to schedule the inspection. Hopefully all goes well, although I will do a once over cleaning myself prior to the inspection.
 
My final Bill came in now -- $450 termination fees
I have to say, I kept the car very well and I was below 8K miles
But you should also know that right before the lease end , I got rear ended and had to extend the lease for a month before I fixed every thing.
 
My final Bill came in now -- $450 termination fees
I have to say, I kept the car very well and I was below 8K miles
But you should also know that right before the lease end , I got rear ended and had to extend the lease for a month before I fixed every thing.
This is promising news. Looks like Lucid and BoA addressed the pettiness that was happening with lease returns and are now being more reasonable.
 
This is promising news. Looks like Lucid and BoA addressed the pettiness that was happening with lease returns and are now being more reasonable.
Couldn't have said it better myself. This is encouraging news. Happy to see this, thanks for the positive update.
 
Yes, they sent me to my studio which said the inspection would be scheduled and completed by the Service Center on the day. Sounds like it's going to be an easy process and booted the bad actors....Now not sure I want the Service Centers to be even more overloaded, but maybe they can pick and choose which cars they keep for CPO inventory.
 
I turned in my car a few weeks ago, the inspection noted 2 wheels with curb rash, I haven't seen an invoice yet, so for me the pettiness is still in play
 
Following on this thread. Turned my car in with 7858 miles on a 7500 lease on 10/24. It was a 15 mins process to just talk over the car and process. The service center gal who was handling the return prefaced the whole thing saying "We acknowledge there has been some confusion and problems with lease returns we are working on fixing". I got an email to schedule it, and then an email confirming successful return. They said you likely won't have any problems, this is one of the cleanest Air's we have seen returned. I got an Openlane inspection report about a week later that was also clean, they found one tiny chip in the paint. I had to call LFS yesterday to pay final invoice since apparently that was stuck in the mail. Final invoice was $516 for turn-in and mileage overage. So I have to say I am very satisfied with the whole thing, it wasn't quite braindead convienient but made leasing again an easy decision.
 
Thought I’d share the perspective of a successful lease return. I’m aware of the other threads on this but thought a balanced counterpoint was warranted.

I had the 18-month bridge lease on an AGT. Two weeks before the end of my lease I had a minor accident ($44k later for a front end and hood repair but that’s for another thread). LFS agreed to extend my lease for 5 months but said I could cancel at any time once my car was repaired. It took nearly 3 months for the repair. When I got the car back I scheduled the AutoVin inspection at home. I received the inspection report (4.9/5, no damage) and returned the car to Rutherford. The scheduling process for the return was not the smoothest (delivery team vs service team vs customer care team etc etc) but we got there. Two weeks later I received the lease termination invoice for the agreed termination charge, and nothing else. I had been concerned about charges for damage from a post-return inspection, and/or LFS charging me for the full 5-month lease extension but neither of these things happened.

I do not know if there is still a further post-return inspection (as per Lucid’s website) but if there was I have not seen any evidence of that.

One bonus for me was that when I returned my car, Lucid took my all weather mats under a recall and I received a check for $300 which covers a chunk of the lease termination fee.

I sympathize with those of you battling post-return inspection damage charges. Hopefully my experience is the new path forward.
Just so you all know, these guys are Lucids Official Partner (OPENLANE/AutoVIN): You should not rely solely on their "pre-inspection" as your only third-party source if you want to contest findings. Because they are the same company that performs the final inspection for Lucid Financial, their baseline will likely match the final charges you are trying to avoid.
 
Back
Top