Stuck on preparing to charge

Nawppp

Cars
Air GT
My GT had been charging just fine since I took delivery several weeks ago. However, tonight I just tried plugging in and it's not getting past the preparing to charge state. Has anyone ever encountered this? I am using a nema 14-50 outlet with the mobile charger. I also tested at a nearby L2 ChargePoint and it did the same thing, so I don't think it's my outlet. I have tried the reboot method to no avail.

My DE was doing that for a couple of weeks. Happened on my first and second charge sessions. Charging fine now. I'll monitor whether it returns. Lucid are sending a tech out for that and a few other small things like the RECALL. 🙂

Did this ever resolve for you?

My DE was doing that for a couple of weeks. Happened on my first and second charge sessions. Charging fine now. I'll monitor whether it returns. Lucid are sending a tech out for that and a few other small things like the RECALL. 🙂

Did this ever resolve for you?
Did it resolve on its own or did you need the tech to come out? I have not contacted lucid yet.

It seemed to resolve on its own. I plugged in and it just started charging as it should.

Which reboot method did you try?

1) Blinker
2) Lock
3) key card
4) all 3?

Which reboot method did you try?

1) Blinker
2) Lock
3) key card
4) all 3?
So I'm a little lost on all those methods. Is there a thread that shows them all?

I used the method my delivery guy showed me. Key card above driver side cam, wait, then unlock with key card in the same spot.

I also tried turning on the signal, then locking with the key card and waiting for the signal to stop. Maybe I'm not doing these right?

So I'm a little lost on all those methods. Is there a thread that shows them all?

I used the method my delivery guy showed me. Key card above driver side cam, wait, then unlock with key card in the same spot.

I also tried turning on the signal, then locking with the key card and waiting for the signal to stop. Maybe I'm not doing these right?
Those are 1 and 3. #2 just involves getting out, locking the car, walking away for 5 minutes and coming back

The valet card reset seems to be a deeper reset than the turn signal. I had this charging issue on L2 once and the turn signal reboot did not fix it where the valet card reboot did.

Last edited:
I wish Lucid would have implemented similar reboot process as Tesla and Rivian using steering wheel buttons. Now I’ll have to carry the valet card with me at all times!

Update: lucid is picking up my car Monday to bring to a service center 😭

Update: lucid is picking up my car Monday to bring to a service center 😭
This separation anxiety stuff over a car is ridiculous -- but, so true! 🙃

9 weeks ago, my car did the same thing. It would not advance from the preparing to charge stage with attempts at L1, L2, and L3 chargers. It has been at a service center ever since. They told me they changed the Wunderbox and internal cabling from the charge port. I have finally seen a new charge having been performed by following on my app. My car has yet to be returned from the service center. The car has been in the shop for 16 weeks total between two service visits.

9 weeks ago, my car did the same thing. It would not advance from the preparing to charge stage with attempts at L1, L2, and L3 chargers. It has been at a service center ever since. They told me they changed the Wunderbox and internal cabling from the charge port. I have finally seen a new charge having been performed by following on my app. My car has yet to be returned from the service center. The car has been in the shop for 16 weeks total between two service visits.
Sorry to hear. They had been asking me questions about my experiences leading up to the issue, so I think they're still trying to pinpoint what is happening. Mine was in the shop for 4 weeks but it's been working just fine ever since. They also exchanged my charging cable (they suspected this may have been part of the issue) so ask them about that as well.

Sorry to hear. They had been asking me questions about my experiences leading up to the issue, so I think they're still trying to pinpoint what is happening. Mine was in the shop for 4 weeks but it's been working just fine ever since. They also exchanged my charging cable (they suspected this may have been part of the issue) so ask them about that as well.
I almost never charge at home using free level 2 at work and EA on trips. It started for me with a L1 attempt at home but also failed at the Seimens L2 charger at work and EA. I am waiting for the Lucid proprietary home charger. If it breaks again, I’ll inquire about the cable, too.

My first 7 week service visit was due to a 12v battery failure resulting in the car bricking while charging at EA on a road trip. I had been having multiple shock/tilt false alarms and screens going blank.

Back