Stuck after factory reset

bawx90

New Member

Joined
Aug 7, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Cars
Air Pure
I own a 2026 Air in Saudi Arabia. It was delivered a few weeks ago and has about 1,400 km on it. Since I performed a factory reset, the car has been effectively unusable, and I'm hoping someone here has seen this before.

It started with Mobile Key. My phone would not pair — several methods, two different phones, pairing never completed. Support told me to hard restart and retry, which I did multiple times with no change. As a last resort I ran a factory reset from the car, and that made everything worse.

Where it stands now:

- Logging in to a profile from the car's screen is completely impossible.
- The car is online through both Wi-Fi and the built-in eSIM, but the system still throws a no-connection error.
- The VIN is blank in the About tab.
- Apps appear that look provisioned for a region other than mine.
- Some screens load web pages with the Android logo and error messages.
- Every restart method has failed: long-press on the AIR logo, steering wheel buttons plus brake pedal, and exiting and locking the car.

One detail that might narrow it down: the mobile app works perfectly and is still connected — I can lock, unlock, and control the car remotely. So the account and the server side look fine, and the failure seems confined to the head unit, as if it came back from the reset without its region and vehicle provisioning.

Support hasn't gotten me anywhere. customercareME never resolved an earlier "Account is disabled" error, and SWFeedback has not replied to a detailed email sent July 31 with photos and my VIN. The earliest service appointment in Riyadh is about a month out, which is a long time to sit on a nearly new car that can't load a profile or display its own VIN.

Screenshots of the error screens are attached. Happy to share more detail with anyone who wants to dig in.


IMG_4035.webp
IMG_4028.webp
IMG_4025.webp
 
I'm assuming this is a Saudi sourced car, because if it was imported (1400km?), then there may region lock issues that Lucid will probably not be responsible for. That said, I would try to have the car connect via wifi to a router or source that is going through a VPN, possible in the US. If your router does not support that, then you could probably do this through your phone with internet sharing. You can enable a VPN on your phone and then turn on internet sharing and then have the car connect to your phone. This may still not work, but maybe you'll get different error messages that may hint at the problem.

But the VIN being blank in the About tab is a bit disturbing and may indicate another more basic problem. Being able to access the car through the app is encouraging. Does the VIN show up in the app?
 
Back
Top