Still having frunk & passenger door opening issues

slidingmike

Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jan 1, 2026
Messages
41
Reaction score
32
Cars
Gravity GT
After upgrading to 3.4.1, I'm still seeing the following door issues on my car:

1) Frunk takes 2-3 presses before it actually opens. The first 1-2 tries it attempts to open but can't quite manage. Is this a known issue for some frunk latches/actuators?

2) When the car is configured for safety to only present the driver door handle when approached with FOB, if I press on the passenger doors latches (with FOB in pocket 2 feet away), I expect them to present and allow me to then open the door for my passenger. They do not respond. Am I wrong to expect this with my Gravity, or is this a bug with just my car?
 
The frunk unfortunately is a very common issue for both Airs and Gravity. I have the same issue. They thought they fixed it, but did not. It’s not software, but a hardware issue. Several reported having theirs fixed, so it can be done by service, but it may take a few tries.
Can’t help about the second issue. I have my car open all handles and it works just fine for that.
 
I had the same issues. So I had to configure the app to open all doors on approach. I know it's not the same sense of security, but it seems to work better. On the Frunk, a service tech played around with the rubber stopper on either side of the frunk lid by turning it clockwise or counter clockwise. This increases or decreases the distance between the frame and the frunk lid and seemed to help. See if maybe that helps you a bit.
 
Thanks @johnse. The photo shows the rubber stopper I was referring to.
 
Thanks, all, I will give the rubber stopper issue a shot!

I sure hope they can fix the passenger door(s) presentation on demand issue.
 
Back
Top