Spotify Problem lead to full factory reset

rustystarphish

Cars
19Tesla M3P, 95 Volvo T5R
My Lucid Air's infotainment system decided to throw a techno-tantrum today. Here's the lowdown on this electronic circus:

I was in my garage, just wanting some tunes from Spotify, but my Lucid had other plans. Despite my attempts to play music, the infotainment screens pulled a dramatic soft reset - much ado about nothing because Spotify still sulked in silence.

Then, as I drove off, the main screen started its own glitchy rave party. It turned into a display of psychedelic nonsense, eventually becoming as useful as a chocolate teapot. Trying to access the owner's manual? Forget it. The car insisted I was more interested in auto park mode.

In a fit of brilliance, I did a factory reset, which was about as enjoyable as a root canal without anesthesia. Now, I'm stuck redoing all my settings – thanks for the extra work, Lucid!

For your viewing pleasure, I've uploaded this debacle on my YouTube channel. Check out these links for a front-row seat to the madness. Would love to hear your thoughts or similar sob stories.

YouTube Links:

Start of the problem:

Extended Troubleshooting and Attempt to Factory Reset

Thanks for any insights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chat GPT gave me a good picture to describe this...lol

Attachments

• DALL·E 2023-11-12 19.27.34 - Visualize a humorous and exaggerated depiction of a car infotainm...png
    DALL·E 2023-11-12 19.27.34 - Visualize a humorous and exaggerated depiction of a car infotainm...png
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
  • DALL·E 2023-11-12 19.27.25 - Visualize a humorous and exaggerated depiction of a car infotainm...png
    DALL·E 2023-11-12 19.27.25 - Visualize a humorous and exaggerated depiction of a car infotainm...png
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
...factory reset...
I would do a software reset first: Click for the "About" Menu then press and hold on the "Air" logo until the screen resets.

You also can call Customer Service so they can do a reset remotely.

Would you send this bug to Service Center so they can fix it in subsequent updates?

I don’t use Spotify, but is it based on cell service?
You showed having no cell service, so my assumption is that played a part in your issue.

Also why not call customer service with this issue before going to the extreme of Factory Reset?

It doesn’t cost anything and they are there to help. If it is a bug, calling customer service will start the process of fixing the issue. I don’t know about you, but when I experience issues with my iPhone or laptop, I don’t immediately resort to factory resets.

Also you were still in “D” and in a parking spot so surround view was being triggered by the vehicle in front of you. Put it in park and you won’t have that problem.

Ultimately, this could be a bug or just a simple mistaken case of poor cell service, however, I understand the frustration of when something doesn’t work and you just want it to immediately how easy it is to make poor decisions and make things worse.

I have not experienced any of these issues, and so far, I love my Lucid experience. So I hope you contacted customer service, things are working for you now, and your Lucid experience improves.

Last edited:
Yes. That’s quite the issue you encountered there. Shame you panicked and reached for the Factory Reset option. Though, I could see how it wouldn’t be obvious what else to do in that situation.

For future reference, do a search here for “reset” and you’ll find many alternatives that likely would have resolved this with far less hassle.

The “logo reset” and the “nuke” would likely be your best options.

Or, as some have suggested, text Customer Care and they can walk you through such issues.

With any luck, you’ll never experience that one again.

I don’t use Spotify, but is it based on cell service?
You showed having no cell service, so my assumption is that played a part in your issue.

Also why not call customer service with this issue before going to the extreme of Factory Reset?

It doesn’t cost anything and they are there to help. If it is a bug, calling customer service will start the process of fixing the issue. I don’t know about you, but when I experience issues with my iPhone or laptop, I don’t immediately resort to factory resets.

Also you were still in “D” and in a parking spot so surround view was being triggered by the vehicle in front of you. Put it in park and you won’t have that problem.

Ultimately, this could be a bug or just a simple mistaken case of poor cell service, however, I understand the frustration of when something doesn’t work and you just want it to immediately how easy it is to make poor decisions and make things worse.

I have not experienced any of these issues, and so far, I love my Lucid experience. So I hope you contacted customer service, things are working for you now, and your Lucid experience improves.

Spotify is a Lucid built-in app just like Tidal, Tunein, IHeart Radio... They need an internet signal either from cell or wifi to work.

Absence of signal should not corrupt the computer program or screens.

The fact that it happened just means there's a bug that needs to be debugged.

Spotify is a Lucid built-in app just like Tidal, Tunein, IHeart Radio... They need an internet signal either from cell or wifi to work.

Absence of signal should not corrupt the computer program or screens.

The fact that it happened just means there's a bug that needs to be debugged.
I totally agree. I believe it’s one bug for the screen issues. Spotify not working I believe is due to cell service based on his video.

Thanks for the feedback and comments.

So far this issue has not come back, but i still would like to learn how to do the less intrusive soft resets incase this occurs in the future. Factory resetting was probably an extreme measure, but i didn't think to call customer service. The one time I did contact customer service because I couldn't get the Electrify America Charging to recognize the car, the cust service rep was not able to help with the issue in the 1 hour phone call i had with them and electrify america conferenced in. ... So my hopes for having customer service help were pretty low.

That being said, i was pleasantly surprised to get a DM from a rep from Lucid's Voice of Customer Department to ask for more details so they can look into the issue. This was a big surprise because in my nearly 5 years of owning my Tesla, the customer service from Tesla has been non-existent and would take several hours of my time on the phone just to start talking to someone about any particular issue i've had. Having the Lucid VOC team contact me gives me some faith that Lucid actually values it's customers and it's reputation... This is so much better than my Tesla experiences....Kudos to Lucid team for the follow-up!

So far this issue has not come back, but i still would like to learn how to do the less intrusive soft resets incase this occurs in the future. Factory resetting was probably an extreme measure, but i didn't think to call customer service. The one time I did contact customer service because I couldn't get the Electrify America Charging to recognize the car, the cust service rep was not able to help with the issue in the 1 hour phone call i had with them and electrify america conferenced in. ... So my hopes for having customer service help were pretty low.

That being said, i was pleasantly surprised to get a DM from a rep from Lucid's Voice of Customer Department to ask for more details so they can look into the issue. This was a big surprise because in my nearly 5 years of owning my Tesla, the customer service from Tesla has been non-existent and would take several hours of my time on the phone just to start talking to someone about any particular issue i've had. Having the Lucid VOC team contact me gives me some faith that Lucid actually values it's customers and it's reputation... This is so much better than my Tesla experiences....Kudos to Lucid team for the follow-up!
Go to settings, press the Air logo for roughly 10 seconds and that will reboot your infotainment. Solves most issues. Otherwise, an overnight shutdown is usually good.

Nice' I hope Lucid sees the members of the forum as "ambassadors" as we generally are positive and promote the brand. It's always good to feel valued as a customer. Kudos to the Lucid VOC team.

Back