South Dakota registration??

Halodde

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I'm pretty new to the fancy car world. But do any of you have vehicles registered in SD?

Just gonna bump this once to get some more eyes on it. If nobody responds, I'll assume that no one has a vehicle registered in SD or that no one is willing to discuss it. I'm open to DM's if that's a better option. Thanks!

A lot of jurisdictions are getting wise and cracking down on this. Most states have a requirement for residents to register vehicle in their state. Also, I’m not sure how insurance companies handle this- could be an issue with some at claim time.

South Dakota? I'm not sure I'm tracking. What is the purpose of registering there?

I know RV folks almost never register in their home state. They buy a rundown property to register the RV to or something like that.

South Dakota? I'm not sure I'm tracking. What is the purpose of registering there?

I know RV folks almost never register in their home state. They buy a rundown property to register the RV to or something like that.
I was told it's somewhat common for exotics and other vehicles for various reasons including vehicles that might have difficulty with state inspections in specific states etc. Doesn't look like a great option for me though

I was told it's somewhat common for exotics and other vehicles for various reasons including vehicles that might have difficulty with state inspections in specific states etc. Doesn't look like a great option for me though
I think it is more commonly a tax dodge. Since the Lucid would have no problem passing inspections, just do the right thing and register it in your state.

Only stating what I heard. It has nothing to do with my Lucid or whether or not it would pass inspection as is... The person who told me about it doesn't have a Lucid and their car wouldn't pass NYS inspection for multiple reasons. NYS over-regulates a ton of things like window tint for example

Back