Soon to be Noob in SoCal

Welcome! Hope to see you on the 14th! We can go over all things Lucid!

Had to look up your previous car...yikes!

"In February 2023, ElectraMeccanica recalled all Solos sold since 2019 due to an unexplained power failure issue. As a result, the company discontinued the Solo and is now focusing on four-wheeled EVs and medium- and heavy-duty commercial electric trucks."

"In February 2023, ElectraMeccanica recalled all Solos sold since 2019 due to an unexplained power failure issue. As a result, the company discontinued the Solo and is now focusing on four-wheeled EVs and medium- and heavy-duty commercial electric trucks."
The Solo was a cute and unique vehicle. Certainly drew attention. Shame they decided not to fix and just recalled them all.

Congrats! Great decision! I am relatively new to this forum as well, and I encourage you to search the forum regarding the vehicle’s quirks and features, sorry for stealing the line from Doug DeMuro.

Is that actually considered a car?

The Solo was a cute and unique vehicle. Certainly drew attention. Shame they decided not to fix and just recalled them all.
Wow. By recalling them, do you mean they just took them all back and kept them? That had to be an interesting process. Do you feel that you were treated fairly by the company?

Wow. By recalling them, do you mean they just took them all back and kept them? That had to be an interesting process. Do you feel that you were treated fairly by the company?
They did us right. After about a year, we experienced a loss of power incident. They took the car to repair but after about 6 weeks decided to give us a compeltely new model year instead. A year after that, they did the glocal recall and refunded the full puchase price. So only cost over the two years was insurance and electricity to charge. Not a bad deal. Can't fault the way they handled it. Always great customer service.

Top speed was 80mph with a 100 mile range. It was so small 80 felt a lot faster than it was ;)
I'm sure it would. For a few years in the early 80's, my car was an old MG Midget. It has four wheels, but it isn't much bigger than a Solo. It didn't go very fast, and only had a 100 mile range because the gas tank was so tiny, but it felt a lot faster than it was since you weren't even a foot off the ground.

They did us right. After about a year, we experienced a loss of power incident. They took the car to repair but after about 6 weeks decided to give us a compeltely new model year instead. A year after that, they did the glocal recall and refunded the full puchase price. So only cost over the two years was insurance and electricity to charge. Not a bad deal. Can't fault the way they handled it. Always great customer service.
That is impressive! Must have been a fun couple years tooling around in one of those.

Definitely fun! Felt like in a cockpit of a small plane and like I said, always drew attention. We still miss it.
One question... out of all the EVs on the market, what drew you to that one specifically? Not hating on it, but I'm just very curious (and somewhat confused, lol)!

Back