Software Improvements Wanted- please weigh in!

doughertz

Cars
Lucid Air Pure, Maserati
So I just received my Air Pure and am very happy overall but I do have some suggestions that Lucid could implement. I will start my list here and I encourage everyone on the Forum to chime in and maybe Lucid will listen.

My Wishlist:
  1. Separate Suspension, steering response, and throttle response. Right now they are lumped together under the ride settings (Smooth, etc). Most other car companies do this. Since its all software controlled, this should be fairly easy to do.
  2. Add these settings to the driver profile so your choices do not have to be re-entered every time you get in the car. Even if they are not separated, add these to the driver profile now.
  3. Maybe I haven't looked deeply enough, but I don't think you can set the "easy entry" seat position. I am a short guy so the difference between my selected drive position and the easy entry position is huge. This was a feature in the Tesla and should be easy to implement if it is not already there. (If it is can someone point me to it? I have called my delivery rep but have not gotten an answer).
  4. Cup Holder! Oh my god, this is the smallest cup holder I haev ever seen. They need to offer a (FREE) adapter from teh current size to a real cup size to hold a Yeti or similar. This is actually my biggest gripe with the car.
  5. Lastly, offer 3 settings for regen braking, not 2. My wife will thank you. It will make the transition form an ICE vehicle to an EV easier.
I encourage all to add and hopefully Lucid will hear us. Cheers and enjoy your cars!

So I just received my Air Pure and am very happy overall but I do have some suggestions that Lucid could implement. I will start my list here and I encourage everyone on the Forum to chime in and maybe Lucid will listen.

My Wishlist:
  1. Separate Suspension, steering response, and throttle response. Right now they are lumped together under the ride settings (Smooth, etc). Most other car companies do this. Since its all software controlled, this should be fairly easy to do.
  2. Add these settings to the driver profile so your choices do not have to be re-entered every time you get in the car. Even if they are not separated, add these to the driver profile now.
  3. Maybe I haven't looked deeply enough, but I don't think you can set the "easy entry" seat position. I am a short guy so the difference between my selected drive position and the easy entry position is huge. This was a feature in the Tesla and should be easy to implement if it is not already there. (If it is can someone point me to it? I have called my delivery rep but have not gotten an answer).
  4. Cup Holder! Oh my god, this is the smallest cup holder I haev ever seen. They need to offer a (FREE) adapter from teh current size to a real cup size to hold a Yeti or similar. This is actually my biggest gripe with the car.
  5. Lastly, offer 3 settings for regen braking, not 2. My wife will thank you. It will make the transition form an ICE vehicle to an EV easier.
I encourage all to add and hopefully Lucid will hear us. Cheers and enjoy your cars!

Check out lucidupdates.com. Pretty much everything you just mentioned (and a LOT more) have been discussed and cataloged many times on this forum. And these have all been forwarded to Lucid.

Lastly, offer 3 settings for regen braking, not 2. My wife will thank you. It will make the transition form an ICE vehicle to an EV easier.
There are three levels but it is not obvious how to get to them.

Lowest - set low regen and use swift or sprint drive mode.

Medium - set low regen in smooth mode.

Highest - set high regen in any drive mode.

Check out lucidupdates.com. Pretty much everything you just mentioned (and a LOT more) have been discussed and cataloged many times on this forum. And these have all been forwarded to Lucid.
Great to know. I had searched here but didn't see any of this.

Many of my most wanted items are not on the list. Would love you to add them!

I’ve had my Pure for a little over a week now. So far, I’m loving it. Need to get a few kinks worked out but overall it’s great.

Only a few for me so far:
- Better lock/unlock responsiveness and less lag
- The ability to simultaneously show nav on one screen and something else on the others (a common gripe I believe)
- the ability to bring up the home link while the car is in reverse without exiting out of the camera
- eliminate the echo that people hear when I call via CarPlay
- (less of a gripe and more of a want) Apple Carplay 2.0 when it’s released next year

I’ve had my Pure for a little over a week now. So far, I’m loving it. Need to get a few kinks worked out but overall it’s great.

- The ability to simultaneously show nav on one screen and something else on the others (a common gripe I believe)
- the ability to bring up the home link while the car is in reverse without exiting out of the camera
- (less of a gripe and more of a want) Apple Carplay 2.0 when it’s released next year
Much info about this can be found at www.lucidupdates.com.

I’m with you on all of this. Would be nice to actually be able to SPEAK to someone using my iPhone/Airplay

I’m with you on all of this. Would be nice to actually be able to SPEAK to someone using my iPhone/Airplay
You can but the sound on Carplay isn’t great. They are working on it.

• I'll second you on the lock/unlock lag. The only time the guaranteed not to be a lag is if I'm puttering back and forth between the kitchen and garage; then, the car locks and unlocks and locks like a dog begging for a walk.
  • I'll go one better: I'd like one permanent home link button somewhere on the dash, maybe on the left side with the other permanent virtual buttons. I'm not even a fan of the menu dropping down over CarPlay; it looks a bit janky to me.
- T

• I'll second you on the lock/unlock lag. The only time the guaranteed not to be a lag is if I'm puttering back and forth between the kitchen and garage; then, the car locks and unlocks and locks like a dog begging for a walk.
  • I'll go one better: I'd like one permanent home link button somewhere on the dash, maybe on the left side with the other permanent virtual buttons. I'm not even a fan of the menu dropping down over CarPlay; it looks a bit janky to me.
- T
Much info about this can be found at www.lucidupdates.com.

Here are a couple more that I didn’t see on that site (I did put in suggestions):

- ability to only child lock one door at a time
- ability to window lock one window at a time

I’ve taken to just closing car play for phone calls. Hoping this gets fixed.

The car needs a chill mode. I should be able to restrain myself, but I cannot. I have a few people dear to me who won't drive with me anymore. Bit of a story there, but it is what it is.

The car needs a chill mode. I should be able to restrain myself, but I cannot. I have a few people dear to me who won't drive with me anymore. Bit of a story there, but it is what it is.
Sounds like you may need a chill mode 😂

It is hard to keep it calm, I’ll grant you that. It’s doable with practice though.

Back