Software 3.3.20 Update

For the few of you who have watched Upload
1000036697.webp
 
I see very little AI in the current Lucid Assistant system. My previous 2016 Mercedes worked about as well as this system and it had zero AI. As long as you knew the required commands to get something done, it did pretty good.

With car companies move toward less buttons and more screen based controls (especially with EVs), it becomes much more important to have reliable voice activated control. I don’t need Gonk level AI to answer questions like what is the capital of Zimbabwe. Just give me navigation, music, basic texting, and some basic system controls like turn on/off rear AC, etc. all via voice.
 
The Lucid Assistant in our Gravity will no longer accept voice commands to switch music sources or to make song or artist selections as it used to. I brought this up to our mobile tech yesterday, and he said he had not seen Lucids do this for some time now.

He just sent me a video from another Gravity he was working on today, and he checked to see if its Lucid Assistant would switch music sources or make song/artist selections. It would not. He thinks Lucid has removed this feature.

Has anyone else run into this?
The Lucid Assistant (LA) has never worked for me with the media applications. Navigation and phone calls, as another member posted, yes.
If it works with media applications on your Air, perhaps there's hope it will eventually do so with the Gravity.

Until then, I'm planning to use the Google Assistant (GA) once Android Auto (AA) is available.
Based on the Lucid info on the use of AA with the Air, having the choice of LA or GA will be an interesting opportunity to see which is more responsive to commands.
 
I see very little AI in the current Lucid Assistant system. My previous 2016 Mercedes worked about as well as this system and it had zero AI. As long as you knew the required commands to get something done, it did pretty good.

With car companies move toward less buttons and more screen based controls (especially with EVs), it becomes much more important to have reliable voice activated control. I don’t need Gonk level AI to answer questions like what is the capital of Zimbabwe. Just give me navigation, music, basic texting, and some basic system controls like turn on/off rear AC, etc. all via voice.
It's Harare btw... šŸ™‚
 
The Lucid Assistant (LA) has never worked for me with the media applications. Navigation and phone calls, as another member posted, yes.
If it works with media applications on your Air, perhaps there's hope it will eventually do so with the Gravity.

Until then, I'm planning to use the Google Assistant (GA) once Android Auto (AA) is available.
Based on the Lucid info on the use of AA with the Air, having the choice of LA or GA will be an interesting opportunity to see which is more responsive to commands.

The Assistant did change music selections when we got the first Gravity. It dropped along the wayside at some point.
 
Maybe Soundhound AI was a big cause of the slow car wake up from sleeps and the temporary solution was to disable most of it! hahaha
 
When I ask Lucid Assistant to switch to Spotify or Tidal, it responds by saying that service is not supported. When I ask it to select a song or an artist, it does display the text of my request on the screen but then just goes dead. No response at all.

The longer I drive this car, the more I understand why Jason Fenske of "Engineering Explained" finally just ran out of patience and sort of blew his top in that infamous video recently. There comes a point where fighting with a car to get it to do things it is supposed to or even used to do just gets you to the point of perpetual exasperation.

AI has gotten incredibly good in the last few years, but stuff like this is still emerging technology. Voice assistance is hit or miss even outside of Lucid. While nice to have, I would not put voice controlled music selection in the same category as fundamental software capabilities that are expected to work perfectly.
 
AI has gotten incredibly good in the last few years, but stuff like this is still emerging technology. Voice assistance is hit or miss even outside of Lucid. While nice to have, I would not put voice controlled music selection in the same category as fundamental software capabilities that are expected to work perfectly.

I am not putting it in the same category as software meant to operate the car or produce displays critical to driving.

However, among infotainment features, voice commands for music selection are pretty near the top of the list for me. Having to keypunch in things like song titles to a screen makes it difficult and unsafe to try to locate different music without pulling the car off the road. Moreover, voice command for song selection has worked reasonably well in our Air for over four years, and it was working when we took delivery of our first Gravity. So this is not an issue of technical reach but a question of why Lucid would kill a feature that has been working at least as well as their other infotainment features . . . and better than some.

As I posted earlier, voice commands will still raise and lower the audio volume, and it is fairly accurate in displaying text of the music I am requesting. So why just remove its ability to actually make the switch to a different song?
 
[…] it was working when we took delivery of our first Gravity. So this is not an issue of technical reach but a question of why Lucid would kill a feature that has been working at least as well as their other infotainment features . . . and better than some.
I missed this part where it was already working in the Gravity. Good question. I’m going to give it a try on my Gravity.

Not that it will help, but I can think of:
  • An existing bug where the stars are aligning and it’s manifesting now.
  • An unintentional side effect of bug fixes in the latest update.
  • Intentionally disabled to help prevent other bugs.
In any case, it sounds like this warrants an email to Lucid according to the swfeedback post. I’ve sent in around a dozen for own my Gravity (already posted in the forums by others).
 
I am not putting it in the same category as software meant to operate the car or produce displays critical to driving.

However, among infotainment features, voice commands for music selection are pretty near the top of the list for me. Having to keypunch in things like song titles to a screen makes it difficult and unsafe to try to locate different music without pulling the car off the road. Moreover, voice command for song selection has worked reasonably well in our Air for over four years, and it was working when we took delivery of our first Gravity. So this is not an issue of technical reach but a question of why Lucid would kill a feature that has been working at least as well as their other infotainment features . . . and better than some.

As I posted earlier, voice commands will still raise and lower the audio volume, and it is fairly accurate in displaying text of the music I am requesting. So why just remove its ability to actually make the switch to a different song?
I don’t think music functionality with Lucid Assistant was removed, I think it just broke. There was no OTA software update between the day that music commands worked for me and then they didn’t. That is unless this functionality is based on cloud interpretation of Assistant requests.
 
I don’t think music functionality with Lucid Assistant was removed, I think it just broke. There was no OTA software update between the day that music commands worked for me and then they didn’t. That is unless this functionality is based on cloud interpretation of Assistant requests.

If it just quit without any deliberate software changes it has quit in more than just my Gravity based on posts here from others and on what my mobile tech found when he tried it in another Gravity.
 
while it tailed off at the end, one of the most overlooked comedies in the past 5 years
Yeah, I think it derailed a bit in the last 2 seasons, but still good. I started watching it because I love the resort where it was filmed, it's called Mohonk Mountain House here in NY, a couple of hours north of NYC
 
Verified that Lucid Voice for album/music selection doesn’t work for me, either, though I don’t miss it because I never had it. Hopefully, Lucid will add it back in after their software bug fix initiative.
 
Did you try the keycard on the b pillar? If that doesn’t work you’ll have to give Customer Care a call.
Random question. Does anyone know if the keycard is still assigned to a ā€œGuestā€ will it be able to put the car in drive after opening from the B-pillar? Mine doesn’t do that. Even after putting my pin in to get to my profile I have to put the keycard on the console to put in Drive.

Just wondering what the correct functionality is as I have an appointment coming up and will note it. (And darn it, I’m not in town to try the new update. 😃)
 
The key card can certainly be registered to a specific profile and, in theory that will show up on the display but so many times after the registration it does display the card as 'guest'
 
Back
Top