Software 3.3.20 Update

Curious - did you try a hard reboot? Not an excuse but it clearly is a work-around for many software issues.
The audio issues persisted for two days after this trip during which time the car went through several sleep cycles. It also went through a sleep cycle between the charges at the Supercharger and EA.
 
interesting how diff EA experience is on the west coast. Totally fast and reliable out in Northern/Central CA for my wife's Taycan...we'll see w/ Gravity
My understanding is that the EA charger unreliability reputation is all about the early generations of chargers they installed, but that the more recently installed chargers are a better design and considered to be reliable. So it's all about how old the EA infrastructure in your area is. I guess they are turning over the older chargers and replacing them with newer ones, but no idea how quickly they're proceeding on that.
 
It's fine here. We've talked about it in the past, but the east coast does not have nearly as good of an experience with EA for whatever reason. It's not perfect here, but I don't find it leaves me annoyed very often, and there are soooo many stations to choose from there is no shortage of options.
True. We road trip up to Humboldt and even in little rural forest towns the EA has like 3 out of four 350Kw stalls that work and charge that Taycan in like 15mins.
Access to SC will double our options w/ Gravity
 
Never take the ability to do a reboot for granted. We can't because of our malfunctioning left pad and we have had software bugs with this update that would likely be addressed in the moment if we could reboot. Yesterday and today our Pilot panel would not come on and the seat would not revert to saved settings. The pilot panel was problematic for all kinds of reasons, including not having the highest level of regenerative braking, which is what we always drive in. Yesterday I could get out of the car and walk around to let it go to sleep. I did not have that time today, so I had to drive with it this way. I sound like a broken record, but redundancy in rebooting would be such a benefit. (We will be sending this to the software email. We are compiling our list).
 
Lucid Gravity Software Improvements

Dear Steve,

At Lucid, our mission is to build rule-defying technology to create exceptional experiences to move the world forward. We recognize that we haven't met that goal for our Gravity customers, especially when it comes to software. We've heard the feedback, and we understand your frustration.

To be candid, I share that frustration. The Lucid Gravity is designed and engineered to be a genuinely innovative, game-changing vehicle: a vehicle that truly does it all. Lingering software problems have unfortunately affected our customers' experience and satisfaction.

I would like to assure you that we are laser focused on addressing these issues and share some of the concrete steps we are taking to resolve them.

First, with the release of the recent Gravity software update, 3.3.20, we have addressed many of the issues customers experienced and reported to us.

Here's what has changed:

Faster, more predictable start-up and welcome experience
Better key fob detection for improved reliability
It's now easier to drive using the NFC key card
Improved camera stability and surround view performance
Enhanced instrument cluster and widget performance
Better media and audio experience
More reliable navigation and maps
Improved climate control intelligence
Looking ahead, our next planned software release is addressing several other known issues and deliver enhancements to key features, including:

Further improving access control, including key fob detection and battery life
Improving the quality and responsiveness of the on-screen video displays for blind-spot cameras, live view, and more.
Better consistency and responsiveness of the steering wheel buttons when using key features
Reducing the occurrence of OTA failures
A more robust Bluetooth connection for audio and mobile app
And we won't stop here. We will continue to relentlessly eliminate software issues and add new features regularly.

Finally, we have also created a dedicated email address, [email protected], to give owners a direct channel to report software bugs or suggested improvements, so your voice continues to guide our progress.

Thank you for your continued feedback, patience, and passion for Lucid.

Marc Winterhoff
Interim CEO, Lucid
 
It's fine here. We've talked about it in the past, but the east coast does not have nearly as good of an experience with EA for whatever reason. It's not perfect here, but I don't find it leaves me annoyed very often, and there are soooo many stations to choose from there is no shortage of options.
They’re almost always all full down here. I don’t even bother to attempt using it anymore as there’s often lines at every location to use them.

1766173090257.webp
 
My understanding is that the EA charger unreliability reputation is all about the early generations of chargers they installed, but that the more recently installed chargers are a better design and considered to be reliable. So it's all about how old the EA infrastructure in your area is. I guess they are turning over the older chargers and replacing them with newer ones, but no idea how quickly they're proceeding on that.
The new ones were just as bad when I was using them. EA had a terrible habit of blaming the hardware provider. At some point, when you’re on your fourth hardware vendor, you might need to realize that the problem isn’t just the hardware.
 
Steering wheel saga continues, just got a call from my SC inviting me to drop off the car for another steering wheel replacement. Apparently my first replacement was prior to some newest update, and they actually already received a newer assembly assigned to my car VIN, and promised to swap it in the same day, so I don't have to be without my car for another week this time.
Even though my DD is working now left pad clicks aren't reliable, as many of others reported here, so I assume the latest wheel update fixes this issue, maybe something else there isn't meshing with latest car software. I have to admit the service I'm getting from local SC is excellent, despite repeated wheel replacement, which I can appreciate being all new and complex assembly with tons of sensors. In addition to getting a detailed mea culpa email from Lucid CEO today, I'm starting to feel a lot better about my Gravity ownership. Since 3.3.20 update 3 days ago I haven't experienced any annoying issues.
 
Steering wheel saga continues, just got a call from my SC inviting me to drop off the car for another steering wheel replacement. Apparently my first replacement was prior to some newest update, and they actually already received a newer assembly assigned to my car VIN, and promised to swap it in the same day, so I don't have to be without my car for another week this time.
Even though my DD is working now left pad clicks aren't reliable, as many of others reported here, so I assume the latest wheel update fixes this issue, maybe something else there isn't meshing with latest car software. I have to admit the service I'm getting from local SC is excellent, despite repeated wheel replacement, which I can appreciate being all new and complex assembly with tons of sensors. In addition to getting a detailed mea culpa email from Lucid CEO today, I'm starting to feel a lot better about my Gravity ownership. Since 3.3.20 update 3 days ago I haven't experienced any annoying issues.
They’ve acknowledged that software is part of the problem. I wonder how many steering wheels are just being replaced unnecessarily…..

1766175335662.webp
 
They’ve acknowledged that software is part of the problem. I wonder how many steering wheels are just being replaced unnecessarily…..
I can't be sure and don't want to create rumors, so take it as a pure guesswork, but I got a sense that issue with steering wheel is a combination of hardware and software updates and it's reasonable to assume I will be getting a newer hardware revision of the assembly. However, I just looked at the service bulletin I received and the part number is the same as last time, inluding minor -05 suffix, which I assume refers to revision, so maybe you are right and they are just creating extra work for themselves.
 
I can't be sure and don't want to create rumors, so take it as a pure guesswork, but I got a sense that issue with steering wheel is a combination of hardware and software updates and it's reasonable to assume I will be getting a newer hardware revision of the assembly. However, I just looked at the service bulletin I received and the part number is the same as last time, inluding minor -05 suffix, which I assume refers to revision, so maybe you are right and they are just creating extra work for themselves.
The only reason I question if it’s hardware is because sometimes the DD buttons become completely laggy or unresponsive for me also but then after a reset or letting the car have its beauty sleep it works again for quite some time.

If they’re replacing them unnecessarily because of not realizing it’s software then I feel sorry for the Service Centers who will just continue to be inundated with pointless jobs.
 
The only reason I question if it’s hardware is because sometimes the DD buttons become completely laggy or unresponsive for me also but then after a reset or letting the car have its beauty sleep it works again for quite some time.

If they’re replacing them unnecessarily because of not realizing it’s software then I feel sorry for the Service Centers who will just continue to be inundated with pointless jobs.
Dream Drive has not even been selectable for me for a couple of months and software versions now. Some of us are having more than software issues.
 
The only reason I question if it’s hardware is because sometimes the DD buttons become completely laggy or unresponsive for me also but then after a reset or letting the car have its beauty sleep it works again for quite some time.

If they’re replacing them unnecessarily because of not realizing it’s software then I feel sorry for the Service Centers who will just continue to be inundated with pointless jobs.
This. ^ The buttons work for me - thank goodness- they often just take multiple presses in just the right spot. Actually, I am still fairly certain it’s one button per pad.

Regardless, it seems like a software issue but if the knew that were the case, I don’t know why they’d proactively waste money replacing steering wheels, so, could be both.
 
This. ^ The buttons work for me - thank goodness- they often just take multiple presses in just the right spot. Actually, I am still fairly certain it’s one button per pad.

Regardless, it seems like a software issue but if the knew that were the case, I don’t know why they’d proactively waste money replacing steering wheels, so, could be both.
I am thinking that in addition to the people with steering wheel pads that do not work at all, I think a lot of people like yourself who complain about pads working but having to hit pad at precise spots might have defective wheel pads also. With my Gravity, my pads work quite well and have no issue with lower buttons as well as up/down/left/right selections as long as I don’t hit only the black edge of button. As long as as my thump is mostly on the white area, they work. Even realize recently that they have swipe functionality to move through menus.
 
FYI, when I talked to my service guy about my DD issue (and the steering wheel needing to be replaced) he told me the wheel is on Revision 5.
 
FYI, when I talked to my service guy about my DD issue (and the steering wheel needing to be replaced) he told me the wheel is on Revision 5.
Damn! That’s a lot of revisions in such a short timeframe
 
They’re almost always all full down here. I don’t even bother to attempt using it anymore as there’s often lines at every location to use them.

View attachment 35261
Not all that surprising as the amount of ppl in LA County is now greater than in FORTY US states! Tesla SC access is a must !!
 
Was this regarding the first one or the... third one?

I wonder if this is why DD hasn't worked for us the past two weeks. We're in service now and I noted that, so I assume we'll get this repair/replacement if needed. Weird.
I checked in on service progress and was told they have already replaced the steering wheel, so hopefully that is now sorted!
 
Well, I'm sad to report 3.3.20 has not been a very noticable improvement for me. For anyone else with console card reader issues, that diagnosed as the cause of 3.3.20 failing to install twice. My car had to go into service, luckily the mobile tech here is super nice and not too busy so he was able to take it in and take care of all my concerns, great service (Kudos to Asher in Portland)!
Yesterday I was doing a few errands, made multiple stops with no trouble, e.g. getting out, car locking, coming back, waking up pretty quickly, not instant, but fine. Then I went into a place for lunch for maybe 30 minutes, and when I came back the "GRAVITY" text appeared on the cockpit panel in front of the driver, but no "bear" startup screen, and nothing else. Nothing was responsive, tapping the break did nothing, couldn't put it in drive, etc. I decided to be patient and sat there for over 5 minutes, no change. Finally I tried a reboot, there were no audible chimes, so after about 30 seconds I just let go and thankfully it rebooted. It took longer than usual, a couple minutes, but eventually came back up and worked fine.
I've also has two instances where walking up to the car with the fob, it did not unlock, and I had to use the unlock button on the fob to get it to wake up.
Still getting occasional random warnings.

For the record, I don't have any regrets, and the car (as you all know) is amazing to drive. Better late than never email from Marc is a nice signal that they're paying attention and hopefully they will give it the resources and attention it needs to get the remaining software issues locked down. As a software engineer, and former CEO of a software company, I would just remind everyone, these things take way longer than you think, even with a great team. I'm sure they're getting hundreds if not thousands of bug reports that have to be triaged, and prioritized, and hopefully everything is going through (more) rigorous testing before release, so be patient, anticipate months, not weeks for true stability. Assuming they focus on that of course, sounds like the track record with the Air is not great...
 
Since updating to 3.3.20, I’m still getting the following occasional errors:
- occasional long boot up time
- headlight high beam error
- no LTE connection
- rear wheel steering error
- no longer able to access live view through the phone app. Constantly getting a connection failed.
- lucid vibes defaulting to bright blue despite constantly changing the color and brightness
- navigation map defaulting to incorrect view
- occasional GPS position not updating until navigation is closed and reopened

For a $125k car, this is really bad.
 
Back
Top