Software 3.3.20 Update

I called yesterday and was told to sit and wait for 2 weeks before they think something is wrong. Up to 2 weeks staggered rollout is considered normal according to SC guy I spoke to.
yeah I can confirm this. they didnt do anything in the 2 weeks. after the 2 weeks I reached out again and they pushed it to the car.
 
Update installed today.
Took about 40 minutes; the first 50% took about 30 minutes.

I didn't have any real issues prior to the update, so was interested in what, if any differences I might experience.

Prior to the update, after the car was unlocked I would see the screens come on, followed by 3 - 5 seconds of black on the far right screen and sometimes the Pilot Panel.
The 3 - 5 seconds coincided with the time it took me to get seated and press the brake.
Pressing the brake seemed to wake up the screens. Not sure if it actually did that, but the two actions coincided.
I would then fasten my seat belt and go through my pre-driving stuff (check hvac, music, etc.).

Now, after unlocking, all screens are off, but then they all come on simultaneously and stay on as I'm getting into the car.
So, the previous screens-on followed by some screens briefly off is replaced with just being off for about the same 3 - 5 that it takes me to get seated.
Also, I don't have to press the brake for the screens to come on.
Actually, just as I'm about to press the brake, the screens are on.

Works for me.

I love the splash screen. Fancy.
Although I've only seen it once, which was the with first unlocking after the update.
I'm curious what initiates the splash screen.
I would think it signifies a complete new start/boot up of the sytem, possibly occuring after x number of hours.
The longest thus far that the car has sat before unlocking has been two hours.

Thank you Lucid.
Thank you @Nick.Twork . Keep up the good work.
 
To forums members who said the Lucid software team "definitely" does not know what they're doing ... .
Or as Mark Twain might say: Rumors of the Lucid software team's knowledge and skillset lacking are greatly exaggerated.

Is this update the Lucid panacea? No.
Will it fix every issue for every owner? Probably not.
Bottom line: If you're going to blame when blame is due, give credit when credit is due.

For those not familiar with Mark Twain and his famous saying regarding his death:
 
To forums members who said the Lucid software team "definitely" does not know what they're doing ... .
Or as Mark Twain might say: Rumors of the Lucid software team's knowledge and skillset lacking are greatly exaggerated.

Is this update the Lucid panacea? No.
Will it fix every issue for every owner? Probably not.
Bottom line: If you're going to blame when blame is due, give credit when credit is due.

For those not familiar with Mark Twain and his famous saying regarding his death:
“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”
 
I think car has to be “asleep” for some time before splash screen appears.

Example: I got out of car to do something for five minutes, had fob on me and everything locked. Got back in and regular screens just popped up - no splash screen. But everything was quick and ready to go.
I have seen the splash screen though, just not each time.
I get the cool splash screen after a reboot, but that is the only time I’ve seen it. Even after an overnight sleep, not on charge, no splash screen on either key fob or card. It’s not really important, but is that consistent with everyone else?
 
I get the cool splash screen after a reboot, but that is the only time I’ve seen it. Even after an overnight sleep, not on charge, no splash screen on either key fob or card. It’s not really important, but is that consistent with everyone else?
I see it pretty consistently after sleep, but the car now is tuned to be much more sensitive to keyfob proximity and seems to boot up much sooner than before, so it may have been showing the splash screen internally well before you make your way to it.
 
I see it pretty consistently after sleep, but the car now is tuned to be much more sensitive to keyfob proximity and seems to boot up much sooner than before, so it may have been showing the splash screen internally well before you make your way to it.
How long has the car been asleep when you've seen the splash screen?
Overnight or shorter?
 
Has any on else got this error past update 3.3.20? It has happened twice now it seems be once my drive is over and I am parking which is odd, but a reset does the trick. Still odd.
I got that error this morning for the very first time ever. Never had that on ANY software version EVER. I was not happy about it. So, I immediately rebooted....and the car sat for 4min on the Bear splash screen (which is WAAAY longer than the reboot should take so I knew something was wrong...so I rebooted from the reboot screen....then everything came up normally in about 20 seconds. Definitely a step BACKWARDS from the prior version.
 
Ok, we are about 500 miles into our return trip, with this software installed a couple days ago and it has been really, really good so far. This is definitely what should have been delivered! Are there still a couple of bugs? Yes. The errors where warnings pop sometimes during charging. We have charged on Tesla and Ionna networks and zero issues with either. Nav is still a little wonky but still improved over the way it was. No key fob issues at ALL! Key card also works as promised, door unlocks and you can start the car right up and drive off as valet had no problems with it either. Wife had the car all Sunday and had no issues at all either, so the boss has signed off! I see it's not been everyone's experience, but it seems it has been a definite step forward for most. I'm more positive than ever now that Lucid Wil keep at it and keep improving it for everyone. Excellent work to the software team for pulling it together! Please keep charging forward!
 
I got that error this morning for the very first time ever. Never had that on ANY software version EVER. I was not happy about it. So, I immediately rebooted....and the car sat for 4min on the Bear splash screen (which is WAAAY longer than the reboot should take so I knew something was wrong...so I rebooted from the reboot screen....then everything came up normally in about 20 seconds. Definitely a step BACKWARDS from the prior version.
Man glad to hear it’s not just me. I got it a third time today but it did not require a reboot went away a few minutes later. But definitely a step backwards in the camera department. All else is working good so far though.
 
Man glad to hear it’s not just me. I got it a third time today but it did not require a reboot went away a few minutes later. But definitely a step backwards in the camera department. All else is working good so far though.
Yeah, that was a new thing for me. I'm hoping it was a one-off fluke. I also just called customer service because I still have no DreamDrive capability (though no error messages regarding anything DD related---it's like the option vanished from my vehicle). I'm not sure Customer service was very helpful as all the rep could seem to do was verify my car was supposed to have the option and she is "looking into the subscription status in the background". I'm not sure what that even means. Maybe someone can clarify what she was talking about (or if she had no idea what she was talking about)?
 
update took less than 30 minutes. Best news is my KEY CARDS WORK! We have an appointment in a week to replace the center console due to key cards not working and cell phones overheating (stopping charge). I'll check out cell phone charging next longer drive to see how that works. Later today I'll program HomeLink to see if that now works also. Great news.
@Mikeaze1, AI gave succinct step by step for setting up HomeLink with my Craftsman garage door opener. Setup Homelink prior to 3.3.20. It is still working.
 
We came home in our Air tonight and noticed that the front passenger window in the Gravity was open about halfway. Neither one of us had been in the Gravity since we returned home in it the night before. It was fairly cold, and we had not opened any of the windows on that drive.

I went in the house and got the key to open the Gravity and raise the window. When I pulled the switch up, the window instead lowered several more inches and stopped. I pulled the switch up again, and the window lowered all the way and then raised about an inch and stopped again. It took another pull to raise it. At least the car was parked inside.
 
My vine color has been correct more often than not with 3.3.20. Odd. It’s usually wrong, but not always wrong like it was in prior versions.

Most annoying bug left (for me) is driver seat will not ever move to my profile position and does not move for easy entry/exit. Same with steering wheel.

Fob seems to be working ideally right now. Right up until I press “post reply” on this thread…🤣
Disable easy entry/exit! For me, enabled, did not really make entry or exit easier. 😜
 
Yeah, that was a new thing for me. I'm hoping it was a one-off fluke. I also just called customer service because I still have no DreamDrive capability (though no error messages regarding anything DD related---it's like the option vanished from my vehicle). I'm not sure Customer service was very helpful as all the rep could seem to do was verify my car was supposed to have the option and she is "looking into the subscription status in the background". I'm not sure what that even means. Maybe someone can clarify what she was talking about (or if she had no idea what she was talking about)?
I’m not exactly sure what that would mean and maybe I missed it but does your DD button just not do anything when you click it?
 
I received a survey today from Lucid, not sure if it is a 2 month check in or new vehicle... It was comprehensive and I appreciated the opportunity to provide feedback. Unfortunately my Gravity is in Service (12/9) so difficult to comment on the latest version which appears to be getting some great reviews here. Can't wait to get my car back! Incidentally they gave me a Mercedes EQE as a loaner and I get an error message telling me to hold the steering wheel when indeed my hands are on the wheel. Bugs everywhere!
 
my outsider, uneducated, view on this is that Lucid obviously knew there were software issues, but they either:

a) underestimated how many issues there were
b) underestimated how much work it would take to get the fixes done. So the software wasn't ready before the huge uptick in production.

It's probably a combination of both (and maybe some other factors), but my gut tells me it's more of b than a. They had to roll the dice and hope that production ramp would line up with a stable software release, even if a few early adopters got buggy software, but they just didn't line up.
 
Back
Top