Sluggish Acceleration - No Regenerative Breaking - Coolant Pump

westhouse1983

Member

Joined
Nov 1, 2024
Messages
31
Reaction score
18

You said:​

I have recently experienced the following in my 2025 Lucid Air GT with 6,000 miles:

1. Day one. After approximately one hour of a recent journey at constant highway speed, the vehicle seems to hesitate, it almost feels like a pulsating effect whilst going down the road. I ended the journey and returned home with no issues.
2. Day two. The following day, I received a call from Lucid telling me that there was a recall on a coolant pump and that my vehicle may be affected, that I would receive a call from a service technician to make an appointment and that the call was not related to what I experienced the previous day
3. Day three. After another one-hour journey, I experienced the same pulsating and then hesitancy/sluggishness accelerating from a traffic light and finally, the regenerating breaking ceased to work. Upon parking the vehicle, I felt heat coming from the front left side wheel arch and heard what sounded like a fan.
4. Day four. The vehicle is working fine but I have not taken it on a long journey. The regenerative breaking is working again.

I would be grateful for any suggestions as to what may be the cause of the issues that I am experiencing. Thank you.
 
I experienced the exact same issue about a month ago towards the end of a particularly "spirited" drive.

In my case, the rear motor's coolant pump stopped working. Service took the car in and test drove it but the issue is intermittent so they didnt find any issues and returned the car. I spoke to them again today and they put me back in the queue for service after they pulled the error logs and saw that the pump is broken.

Call service, and tell them to pull the logs, give them the date and time this happened, that should be all you need.
 
Back
Top