Slower DC Charging for RWD?

wklglider

Cars
Pure RWD w/o DDP
DE Number
I noticed this newest update on the Lucid website. Only the AWD Pure is able to charge at 250kw. I assume it will be less for the RWD. Does it imply the RWD version will be equipped with a smaller battery?

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 1.49.56 PM.png

If it’s not 250kW I’d assume it will be 200kW. I wouldn’t be overly upset with that. That’s pretty much the speed my i4 is rated at and to this day I’ve never seen an EA charger offer me more than 152kW. To be fair, I haven’t tried any of the 350s yet.

If it’s not 250kW I’d assume it will be 200kW. I wouldn’t be overly upset with that. That’s pretty much the speed my i4 is rated at and to this day I’ve never seen an EA charger offer me more than 152kW. To be fair, I haven’t tried any of the 350s yet.
I'm more than satisfied with even a 200kw charging speed. What I'm wondering is the reason behind this difference. I can think of two possibilities. 1. A different wunderbox for the RWD. 2. A smaller battery pack. I'm afraid the later one is more likely the reason.

Pre-conditioning the battery is critical to hit higher speeds. In fact, I only saw above 125-140 kW when I preconditioned the car.

You will be limited by the battery pack size and resulting voltage of the car. There may be software limitations as well to differentiate AWD from RWD. Only the engineers would know without doing some math.

Back