Sirius XM Beta ended?

Mondo316

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Has the Beta Sirius XM ended for Lucid drivers? I could not get Sirius to connect to the internet, and when I went onto the Apps section for Sirius, I had a message "Please subscribe to Sirius XM blah blah.." so has the Beta ended?

I had my issues just minutes before my post. Mine did work late yesterday evening.

Mine worked this morning too. I would think if they ended the Beta, they would send info on how to set up a real subscription.

A logo reset usually helps when SXM gets wonky.

Has the Beta Sirius XM ended for Lucid drivers? I could not get Sirius to connect to the internet, and when I went onto the Apps section for Sirius, I had a message "Please subscribe to Sirius XM blah blah.." so has the Beta ended?
It has not yet but certainly will at some point.

If you note this week's latest OTA update mentioned some fixes and handoff updates for Sirius in the download package... Maybe this is related?

I received an email saying my Sirius XM membership has expired. I've had the car for 90 days. At the same time it will no longer play. I didn't realize it ever expired.

I received an email saying my Sirius XM membership has expired. I've had the car for 90 days. At the same time it will no longer play. I didn't realize it ever expired.
With the latest update, the free beta version has ended. You are now on a 90 day free trial. After that, if you want to keep it, you'll have to subscribe through Sirius.

According to their email I need to click a button for the 90 day free trial. I presume I would need to enter my credit card info. If that is the case I think I'll just move over to tidal now and give SSP a workout. I was getting many connection errors with Sirius anyway, so no big loss.

Last edited:
According to their email I need to click a button for the 90 day free trial. I presume I would need to enter my credit card info. If that is the case I think I'll just move over to tidal now and give SSP a workout. I was getting many connection errors with Sirius anyway, so no big loss.
Welcome aboard!! Strangely my SiriusXM still works. I forced myself to spend one day listening to it late last week. What's crazy is it's primarily what I listened to in my previous cars and I used to get it at a cheap price of like $6.99/month for a year.

With all of this said, I have SSPRO and Tidal blows SiriusXM away. That's how much I enjoy Tidal's Atmos and Max tracks. I won't even consider SiriusXM again even at $6.99/month for a year.

I use SiriusXM mainly for news or a live sports game. Never for music since Tidal is so much better. I wish Tidal had news stations.

Was it definitely determined that you can’t put SXM on a streaming account that’s linked to another car with a standard subscription?

Last edited:
Was it definitely determined that you can’t put SXM on a streaming account that’s linked to another car with a standard subscription?
I had a regular streaming subscription, and that is what I registered in my car before the expiration, so I have noticed no difference in my car.

Oddly, SiriusXM came back to life today. Does Sirius require a cell phone link? If so that might have been the problem. I returned from a flight, but forgot to take my phone off Airplane mode. But with the email saying my membership expired I'm probably living on borrowed time.

Oddly, SiriusXM came back to life today. Does Sirius require a cell phone link? If so that might have been the problem. I returned from a flight, but forgot to take my phone off Airplane mode. But with the email saying my membership expired I'm probably living on borrowed time.
No, it uses the car's cellular or wifi If connected

My SiriusXM has shifted from Beta to the 90 day free trial. I feel the fidelity and resolution is significantly improved now over the audio quality of Beta. Not like Tidal/Atmos but noticeably better.

We use SiriusXM in all of our vehicles and now I’m convinced I will keep it in the Lucid.

My SiriusXM has shifted from Beta to the 90 day free trial. I feel the fidelity and resolution is significantly improved now over the audio quality of Beta. Not like Tidal/Atmos but noticeably better.

We use SiriusXM in all of our vehicles and now I’m convinced I will keep it in the Lucid.
I only tried it when I purchased my vehicle then switched to CarPlay. I too felt that the AQ was pretty good on the new SXM trial. SXM streaming is always better than satellite which tends to be very compressed.

If you note this week's latest OTA update mentioned some fixes and handoff updates for Sirius in the download package... Maybe this is related?
My Sirius has rarely worked. I have a portable receiver, but it would have to go in the trunk. When I try to use the Sirius app on my phone, it gets cut off when I get in the car.

Back