Side Damage

beardad

New Member

Joined
Apr 14, 2024
Messages
11
Reaction score
11
Cars
2023 Air Pure
Hi all,

I hit a damaged curb that was jutting out at the exit of a McDonald's today.

Tore a hole in the lower plastic siding on the passenger side (pictures attached).

What should my first steps be to get it repaired? I'm in Houston.

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20240718_042346424.webp
    PXL_20240718_042346424.webp
    588.6 KB · Views: 354
  • PXL_20240718_042403481.webp
    PXL_20240718_042403481.webp
    696.8 KB · Views: 8,774
I think it should be a relatively trivial fix. The part just needs to be replaced. I would say just go to Lucid and ask them to replace it and pay for it out-of-pocket. Putting an insurance claim through on this is probably not worth it.
 
Lucid doesn't do body work. You'd have to go through one of their certified repair shops. You could get the name(s) of the shop(s) closest to you from Lucid's Customer Support.
 
Lucid doesn't do body work. You'd have to go through one of their certified repair shops. You could get the name(s) of the shop(s) closest to you from Lucid's Customer Support.
Ehh I don’t think this would be considered body work if they did a full replacement. Replace the side trim and call it good.
 
Did you get it fixed? I had the same damage today
I haven't yet. The body shop in Houston was shady (saying they didn't have an appointment available unless I wasn't using insurance, explaining how he wasn't sure but likely it was $20k+ to fix). I had another issue recently (very well resolved) and the dealer said they had a new body shop option. Haven't checked them out yet, but can't be any worse.
 
I haven't yet. The body shop in Houston was shady (saying they didn't have an appointment available unless I wasn't using insurance, explaining how he wasn't sure but likely it was $20k+ to fix). I had another issue recently (very well resolved) and the dealer said they had a new body shop option. Haven't checked them out yet, but can't be any worse.
20k...maybe you should report that body shop to Lucid. I would think it's just a part that needs replacing. These body shops like to milk insurance. No wonder car insurance is going through the roof.
 
I went to the dealer here in Saudi and they quoted me 1350 usd for the part and labor. I approved it. I could have involved the insurance but didn’t want the hassle. 20k is too much.
 
Back
Top