Shame on me...should have known better

markbuick

Member

Joined
Feb 22, 2023
Messages
22
Reaction score
11
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Well I thought I knew a lot about buying a car since I was a dealer for 43 years...but Lucid got me.
Received information about upgrading to Surreal Sound Pro for $2900. Noticed on the window sticker and my purchase order that I had it at time of purchase. Called Lucid today to find out why the confusion, only to be told that the $4000 item included in the car was for the 21 speakers, not the Surreal Sound activation. Talk about deceptive sales practices!!! Oh. also had the Glass Canopy Roof for$4500, which for some reason I didn't need to activate.

As a Lucid owner and unfortunately a shareholder I don't intend to drop the issue of misleading a customer and will probably elevate my concern to management,

Stay turned...I'm very upset.
 
Well I thought I knew a lot about buying a car since I was a dealer for 43 years...but Lucid got me.
Received information about upgrading to Surreal Sound Pro for $2900. Noticed on the window sticker and my purchase order that I had it at time of purchase. Called Lucid today to find out why the confusion, only to be told that the $4000 item included in the car was for the 21 speakers, not the Surreal Sound activation. Talk about deceptive sales practices!!! Oh. also had the Glass Canopy Roof for$4500, which for some reason I didn't need to activate.

As a Lucid owner and unfortunately a shareholder I don't intend to drop the issue of misleading a customer and will probably elevate my concern to management,

Stay turned...I'm very upset.
Looking forward to hearing more about this. Something doesn't compute.
 
Huh? The 21 speakers are $2900. The $4000 makes no sense whatsoever

1770329328003.webp
 
Well I thought I knew a lot about buying a car since I was a dealer for 43 years...but Lucid got me.
Received information about upgrading to Surreal Sound Pro for $2900. Noticed on the window sticker and my purchase order that I had it at time of purchase. Called Lucid today to find out why the confusion, only to be told that the $4000 item included in the car was for the 21 speakers, not the Surreal Sound activation. Talk about deceptive sales practices!!! Oh. also had the Glass Canopy Roof for$4500, which for some reason I didn't need to activate.

As a Lucid owner and unfortunately a shareholder I don't intend to drop the issue of misleading a customer and will probably elevate my concern to management,

Stay turned...I'm very upset.
Huh? I don’t see that option anywhere at all
 
Can you redact personal and identifying information and let us see the order/window sticker? It simply doesn't make sense - there are no options for $4,000 and SSP comes with 21 speakers. Something is not right here and you have a plethora of really knowledgeable people here (not me, I'm worthless) but we can't see how the numbers add up - literally!
 
Did you buy directly from Lucid or some third party dealer? I do have a sticker in my car with same exact config as yours and I can verify the numbers but it's in service center at the moment and won't get it until next week. I am 90% sure that it's $2900 for SSP.
 
There is a bunch of experts on the Air that will see this and have input for you.
 
hm. Never seen that.
Members, am I right that even if the pricing at that time was $4K for SSP, he wouldn't have an additional $2,900 to pay to "activate" it.
 
Sorry… Monroney sticker and is required by law to be affixed to the vehicle by the manufacturer..
 
Looking forward to hearing more about this. Something doesn't compute.
I agree. I would encourage the OP to call again and see if the OP just got a support person who had just been told his spouse was divorcing him. Eve an incompetent attorney could win this one.
 
According the post, is-surreal-sound-pro-worth-the-cost, it was $4k back in 2023, so nothing wrong there. You have the 21-speaker system so music should be coming out of all of them.

@markbuick Why don’t you think you have it and what are you trying to activate?
 
Good question Never would have brought it up if it wasn’t on my app
@markbuick I would say this is an app bug. For whatever reason, your 2023 Surreal Sound Pro system isn’t registering on the latest app.

A plausible explanation: there was a SKU number change to reflect the new price and the programmers forgot to handle the old SKU. I would ignore the app unless your sound quality leads you to believe you really don’t have the Surreal Sound Pro system. The Lucid folks you talked with were probably just as confused.
 
Members, is it true that you need SSP to play Dolby Atmos? If you tried Tidal and it plays Dolby Atmos, you have it?
 
Members, is it true that you need SSP to play Dolby Atmos? If you tried Tidal and it plays Dolby Atmos, you have it?
No, you don’t need SSP to play Dolby Atmos tracks. Almost any system can decode Atmos, as it was designed to be backward compatible with other systems (stereo, 5.1, 7.2, etc.) You just won’t get the benefits of Dolby Atmos with a tuned sound system.

For example, I can play Dolby Atmos tracks on my crappy phone stereo speakers, but it will sound no better than the stereo version of the same track. It may even sound worse if the stereo track is optimized for two speakers.
 
Back
Top