Servicing after 15K miles

Nephron

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AGT, MX 18 , MY23
Just crossed 16k miles ( although less than 5 months of ownership ) . Do I need to call lucid for any servicing ? Anything I need from my end of lucid unable to service ?

12k miles or one year, whichever happens first, is the trigger for first service.

I never got a triggfer but then I took mine in the for the recall on the wipers and they did a few things then so am assuming I am good

Just crossed 16k miles ( although less than 5 months of ownership ) . Do I need to call lucid for any servicing ? Anything I need from my end of lucid unable to service ?
Five months since the in-service date? Or 5 months of your ownership?

Yes, call or email Lucid service and see what they say. You need to reach out to them.

I just did mine, 14 months and 9000. The first annual, from what they said, is not super critical to a certain time or mileage. I would call. The service are very knowledgeable, far more than the CS.

I never got a triggfer but then I took mine in the for the recall on the wipers and they did a few things then so am assuming I am good
I disagree. I made the same mistake. Was told, you need to actually book an Annual Maintenance.

I Took mine in for wipers recall and two service campaigns. They did not do the annual. Told me to wait two or three more months.

Yes, call or email Lucid service and see what they say. You need to reach out to them.

I just did mine, 14 months and 9000. The first annual, from what they said, is not super critical to a certain time or mileage. I would call. The service are very knowledgeable, far more than the C5

I just did mine, 14 months and 9000. The first annual, from what they said, is not super critical to a certain time or mileage. I would call. The service are very knowledgeable, far more than the CS.
Thank you . 5 months of ownership.

Reached out to customer care

Multipoint inspection
Replace wiper rubber inserts
Replace key fob batteries
Replace sun visor batteries
Replace cabin air filters
Perform tire rotation (non-staggered wheels only)

Things they will do

Reached out to customer care

Multipoint inspection
Replace wiper rubber inserts
Replace key fob batteries
Replace sun visor batteries
Replace cabin air filters
Perform tire rotation (non-staggered wheels only)

Things they will do
Also, will do any open service campaigns - I had two for them to do. They also check all fluids (two coolant reservoir's), including a check of the brake fluid for contaminant/water content.

And they hook the car to a computer and do a full system scan of all modules for communication and fault codes - its an ethernet connection in the right side of the truck. I learned that we do not have an OBD port - they are only required for ICE cars. From what I saw, the computer diagnostic software was not done by Lucid, but by a company that looked to do several different EVs - the tech opened the software on a laptop, hooked up the ethernet cable, and clicked on the Lucid logo. I am very familiar with VAGCOM, the VW/Audi/Seat computer management software - the software the techs used did not APPEAR to be similar. What I mean is, their software appeared to only read modules, status, fault codes, dates stamps. With VAGCOM, you can both read and program the modules to do stuff. I could be wrong.

At the beginning, the tech takes the car for a drive, with a checklist. such as brake and steering, operational items, noises, etc.

The Denver techs let me stay in the service bay and watch all as they do it. It sort of takes two people: one tech in the car doing things and the other entering it the computer - which is online with the Lucid mother ship. It took over 1.5 hours and no tire rotation.

You'll need to get plugs, wires, rotor, cap, condenser, oil change and filter, lube suspension, check timing and carb. tuning, emissions testing.
oh wait = other than bi-annual brake fluid change, there is nothing to do. (I know...I'm making a point about EVs in general).

I've tried making an appointment on line, several times over several months, but no joy. I don't like phones so I'm not going to call. Fortunately the local service center in KoP, PA is now open for business. I went there last week and made an appointment in person. I'm taking Luci in Monday morning. Will report. I have 18 months and ~ 13k miles. I do my own tires (swap between 19" A/S and 21" summer). Thank you Lucid for giving us the toggle button for the TPMS.

Once I opened the hood in 100% humidity. I have never seen the equal in any 4th of July fireworks show. It was leaking voltage from everything electrical, and as if in empathy, most things non-electrical.
We'd set the points with a matchbook cover. WD-40. Gaping the plugs = yeah, I still have my feeler set....but lost the timing strobe somewhere along the journey. I learned how to tune cars on a '65 Falcon with straight-six. There was so much room under the hood you could get in and stand next to the engine while you worked on it. It had no heat. It was a convertible. I lived in Pittsburgh. I paid $110 for it. Wish I still had it. One day I was crusing with my college sweetheart when the car suddenly got loud. I looked in the rearview and saw my muffler lying in the road. Ran out to pick it up. Won't do that again.

British cars are a hobby in and of themselves. They are not for transportation. They will not run in the rain, and only occasionally in the sun. Worth it. A HS buddy bought a TR3 and spent years trying to get it to start. Then one day he came over, and took me for a spin. In that model, the door barely came up to your kidney. If you rested your arm on the door you risked scraping your elbow on the pavement. It was the most fun I ever had in a sport car....at 35 mph. Having the rear-view mirrors way out on the wings = brilliant.
1710771705569.jpeg

Last edited:
My mother, rest her soul, would tell friends how one morning, when I was in high school, she found me passed out asleep on the kitchen table: SU carb body still in one hand, it's piston in the other.

We used to call British auto wiring "spaghetti." Get it wet, and it fell apart.

Lucas gets a bad reputation. Their starters, alternators, distributors are all good. The cars were let down by poor wiring design. With daisy chained leads and grounds with poor connection design. The bullet connectors have dissimilar metals and are not seated well. Corrosion in connections causes resistance leading to spotty operation and heat. With the daisy chain design one bad connection lead to multiple circuit failures.

Lucas gets a bad reputation. Their starters, alternators, distributors are all good. The cars were let down by poor wiring design. With daisy chained leads and grounds with poor connection design. The bullet connectors have dissimilar metals and are not seated well. Corrosion in connections causes resistance leading to spotty operation and heat. With the daisy chain design one bad connection lead to multiple circuit failures.
Of my 6 EVs, the only one I ever had a major issue with was my Jaguar I-Pace that died and left me stranded. The issue? A bad ground connection.

To this day, my blood pressure rises when I think about chasing Lucas we electrical gremlins.

Didn't Bosch buy Lucas?

Back