Self Title Now Possible

cplewes

A small wrinkle interesting to very few perhaps. But I Just found out they are now going to let some of us do our own title work if we want. There is now a list of several States where Lucid is going to let you have your (non financed ) car with just the signed off Certificate of Origin and allow you to register it yourself. Delaware's Department of Motor vehicle can get you in and out in 20 minutes on a good day. This will allow me to apply early for trade differential on the sales tax if I have sold you old car. This will help a lot in our state with complicated tag retentions and probably with others that issue vanity plates.

Other states are Ohio , Delaware , West Virginia, Utah, and California only if ought out of state ( if that means anything to you folks)

I'm in NH and will be taking delivery shortly with 90-day temporary AZ tags. Since I want to keep my old plates (which just expired on 31 August), I was told Lucid would get me the Certificate of Origin so my Town Clerk can have my old plates re-activated and issued as soon as I receive it (and provide the VIN and Purchase Order). Not sure how the timeline will work out. I'm financing about 20% of the car and was not told that would be an issue.

I'm dubious . More an issue about the title than the plates The C of O will need to your lien on it with all the bank details. This is registered in most states on the title first then at that time a registration card would be issued. Plates are registered to a title(d vehicle) not to a CO.

I'm dubious . More an issue about the title than the plates The C of O will need to your lien on it with all the bank details. This is registered in most states on the title first then at that time a registration card would be issued. Plates are registered to a title(d vehicle) not to a CO.
The Purchase Order I just Docusigned has my lien-holder shown with funds as a deposit on it. [My DA has been dealing directly with the Credit Union on transfer information. I expect the PO to hit the Credit Union tomorrow to sign and release the funds to complete the process.] The Certificate of Origin would be generated once that Purchase Order had gone through, I thought, so all parties (from Lucid to me and the Credit Union) would be accounted for. It is registering the car with these documents that generates the title at the DMV here in NH.

When I purchased my Tesla last year (cash), all I needed was the Purchase Order, VIN, and Certificate of Origin to register the car, and my Title arrived in the mail a few weeks later. My plates are issued directly from the Town Clerk, and I have a week or two to get the car inspected.

Every state a little different. Best of luck.
The Purchase Order I just Docusigned has my lien-holder shown with funds as a deposit on it. [My DA has been dealing directly with the Credit Union on transfer information. I expect the PO to hit the Credit Union tomorrow to sign and release the funds to complete the process.] The Certificate of Origin would be generated once that Purchase Order had gone through, I thought, so all parties (from Lucid to me and the Credit Union) would be accounted for. It is registering the car with these documents that generates the title at the DMV here in NH.

When I purchased my Tesla last year (cash), all I needed was the Purchase Order, VIN, and Certificate of Origin to register the car, and my Title arrived in the mail a few weeks later. My plates are issued directly from the Town Clerk, and I have a week or two to get the car inspected.
they sent the CO to my home the day after they received their payment. t tag gives you 90 days to straighten out your tags and registration. (You should insure the thing as of the day they are paid as its on you in the delivery truck.) Good luck.. Mine arrived Sunday - What a rush!

Every state a little different. Best of luck.

they sent the CO to my home the day after they received their payment. t tag gives you 90 days to straighten out your tags and registration. (You should insure the thing as of the day they are paid as its on you in the delivery truck.) Good luck.. Mine arrived Sunday - What a rush!
Congrats! My funds were wired today, temp AZ tags will be on the car, which I may be able to pick up in Boston this weekend. PO will be overnighted to me for the title work & tags (with Credit Union and Town Clerk).

Keep us posted on how things are going - hope you have a great time with your AGT!

Back