[RESOLVED] Seats randomly reset/freeze

HHI

Cars
Touring
I came out this am to find the driver seat completely reclined and the passenger seat in a full upright position and frozen there …I could adjust the driver side thankfully.

Anyone experience this? How did you correct it?

Thanks

Service will likely need to perform a procedure called “seat homing.“

No, unfortunately.
Is there anyway to ”unfreeze” the passenger seat…it is in a position that no one could sit in which makes the car pretty useless unless driving alone.

How quickly can I get a service call…I called customer care this am and they said someone would send the car an update whatever that means..

Appreciate any advice you can give me.

Is there anyway to ”unfreeze” the passenger seat…it is in a position that no one could sit in which makes the car pretty useless unless driving alone.

How quickly can I get a service call…I called customer care this am and they said someone would send the car an update whatever that means..

Appreciate any advice you can give me.
Have you tried every form of reset we know about? I'm wondering if a Bobby Reset in particular might help here.

I came out this am to find the driver seat completely reclined and the passenger seat in a full upright position and frozen there …I could adjust the driver side thankfully.

Anyone experience this? How did you correct it?

Thanks
Hi, @HHI.

Thank you for sharing your experience. May I request that you open a case with Customer Care? They can assist you with resolution of the issue.

Marqie

All is well in Hilton Head…a couple of anxious 12 hours but was able to download new software and the passenger seat came alive!

I think this was a “one off“ as no body in customer service had heard of it before … having run a company myself with 24/7 customer fulfillment this type of problem should have been escalated to the engineers ,resolved, and “spoon feed” to customer service reps on the front line… this time was no problem because the software refresh worked…no harm....no foul…but timely response, reliability and reputation are all the big win in building a Brand.

I happy to be driving again but this should have been resolved seamlessly.

Love the car...thanks to the many people I spoke to today in Customer Service!

The SW update could not have fixed this issue; I would have service come "home" the seats.

You might be right…I am not sure all that was included in the software update. I would hope someone in tech support would realize the SW probably did not address the underlying problem and would reach out to me.

I will see how this goes …so far so good.

Thanks

Back