Scottsdale Arizona Service Center

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
Scottsdale service center must be a month or 2 away thoughts??

Please like and subscribe and share

So if this poster is correct, it will not be enough to simply have a reservation to ‘qualify’ for a test drive, it must be a reservation holder that has confirmed. So if my understanding is correct, your reservation must be locked in for a test drive. If true that’s a very poor policy and contrary to what I’ve been told at the Manhattan studio.

Lucken, I can confirm this (sort of). I went by that same center yesterday to see when they thought they might be offering test drives. I was told the same thing from a priority standpoint. When I first made the reservation, I was told that they would give priority to reservation holders. The confirmed part is something of a later add it seems. I don't think they're not offering test drives to reservation holders at all. I think those just won't happen until they've worked through the confirmed. I'm guessing that they will move quickly through the confirmed as it's likely to be just the AGT reservations. I guess I'm not surprised by the new policy given that people who have already committed $1000 towards purchasing are probably more pressing to get to.

FWIW, I was able to set up a test drive for tomorrow.

been A reservation holder since early April. Confirmed my order in November. Was promised a test drive ‘soon’ back in June when the pre-production vehicles were being made. told that there would be a fleet of them across the country. They would contact me to arrange one.

I have kept asking.….. so far no test drives in San Diego. I have told both my SA and DA that I want one. been promised one but they caant say when. I have have joked that my first test drive will be when my car is delivered. Thinking I’m right. This is one of the things I have been most frustrated with Lucid about.

I would not lock in a reservation prior to a test drive. I wouldn't do it if I only had to put down $50. It's not the money, it's the principle of the thing. This is not the way to go about winning customers. Lucid is disappointing on several fronts.

been A reservation holder since early April. Confirmed my order in November. Was promised a test drive ‘soon’ back in June when the pre-production vehicles were being made. told that there would be a fleet of them across the country. They would contact me to arrange one.

I have kept asking.….. so far no test drives in San Diego. I have told both my SA and DA that I want one. been promised one but they caant say when. I have have joked that my first test drive will be when my car is delivered. Thinking I’m right. This is one of the things I have been most frustrated with Lucid about.
At West Palm Beach Studio, I asked in October and was told November, asked in November and was told December, asked a couple of weeks ago and was told January. @Sandvinsd, I may be joining you. I locked in my confirmation at end of November. I bought my Tesla without a test drive and think I committed way more than $1,000 at that point.

below is what I was originally told about test drives. Note the date Of the emails. Now over 9 months later…
On Jun 3, 2021, at 1:18 PM, xxxx wrote:
Hi Xxxxx,

I hope all is well. Thank you for your interest in Lucid Motors and the Air.

We are aiming to begin production of the Lucid Air in the second half of 2021. In fact, we're currently building our Release Candidates at our state-of-the-art production facility in Casa Grande, Arizona, which is a huge step towards bringing the Lucid Air to market!

Release Candidates are our last batch of vehicles before production, RC's will be used as our test drive fleet which will tour the country.

I will reach out directly when test drives are available.

And I continued to inquire as the months rolled on. I was sent this two months ago:
On Oct 11, 2021, at 10:10 AM, xxx wrote:
Hi Xxxxxxx,

I hope all is well since we last connected. Thank you for your interest in Lucid Motors and the Air.

Very glad to announce that we have started production of our top model, the Dream Edition today at our factory in Casa Grande, Arizona. See the announcement here, Lucid starts production of the groundbreaking Lucid Air in Arizona.

We are happy to share the final EPA range for our top models has been announced and they did not disappoint.

Once we start production, we will be building trims from the top down, starting with the Dream Edition, Grand Touring, Touring, and finally the Pure.
When we release more specific timing I’ll reach out directly.

We are aiming to start test drives by the end of the year.

Regards,
Now we are at the end of the year and no test drives. The San Diego studio was also to be opened in Q4. It is still boarded up and not a hint of an opening date.

Last edited:
I’ve got the same thing with the Manhasset L.I. location. First it was opening the 4th quarter 2021 and now they’re hoping for 1st quarter 2022. No signs of life there either. The beat goes on.

Lucken, I can confirm this (sort of). I went by that same center yesterday to see when they thought they might be offering test drives. I was told the same thing from a priority standpoint. When I first made the reservation, I was told that they would give priority to reservation holders. The confirmed part is something of a later add it seems. I don't think they're not offering test drives to reservation holders at all. I think those just won't happen until they've worked through the confirmed. I'm guessing that they will move quickly through the confirmed as it's likely to be just the AGT reservations. I guess I'm not surprised by the new policy given that people who have already committed $1000 towards purchasing are probably more pressing to get to.

FWIW, I was able to set up a test drive for tomorrow.
SCOTTDDLE ?

Back