Saw many Lucids this week!

ajroxstar

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I just got back from Cali this week. The land of EVs! Saw about 6 Lucids in the wild. However I saw hundreds of Teslas! Hoping Lucid will keep growing. It’s an amazing car. Just surprised it has not taken off like crazy in Cali. My buddy who owns a Model S just sat in my Lucid Touring. He kept mentioning how the interior and build quality was light years ahead of his Model S.

A few days ago, I counted 32 white Teslas during a 3.6 mile drive from my house. Just the white ones - there were plenty of others.
A few folks here have heard some part of this story... On the days I took my son to school (he has his license now), we made a game of counting how many Tesla we saw on the 3 mile drive. We stopped that game at 52 I think. The next version was how long of an unbroken stream we would see. That record was 8, with one lowly Honda surrounded by the group.

My two best wild Lucid days were a) two within seconds of each other, going in different directions at an intersection (shoutout to @TakeDuo), and b) 3 other white ones within minutes of each other on the same street I was traveling. That felt like a Truman Show moment.

A few folks here have heard some part of this story... On the days I took my son to school (he has his license now), we made a game of counting how many Tesla we saw on the 3 mile drive. We stopped that game at 52 I think. The next version was how long of an unbroken stream we would see. That record was 8, with one lowly Honda surrounded by the group.

My two best wild Lucid days were a) two within seconds of each other, going in different directions at an intersection (shoutout to @TakeDuo), and b) 3 other white ones within minutes of each other on the same street I was traveling. That felt like a Truman Show moment.
Nice!

I am seeing Lucid Airs regularly here in Scottsdale. I rarely drive around without seeing at least one.

South OC has a pretty good population of Lucid. My daughter tells me there's another one dropping a student off at her school. It's rare to go a day without seeing one or two. I imagine NorCal is up there with Scottsdale, OC, San Diego and the LA area. Maybe Vegas and Miami too? I wonder where the top 20 metropolitan densities of Lucid are? I guess the service centers are an indicator, but those have other business considerations too... thinking out loud... 🤔 Carry on.

Here in the Portland (Oregon) area, Lucids are still unicorns. Every few weeks I'm approached by someone who says some version of "Hey, I've heard about these things but never seen one in the wild ..." followed by a short Q&A about the car. I love getting the word out, but I am seriously hoping to see more Lucid vehicles on the road around here. These things are just too good, and I feel like they're still too rare. They're also something of a secret (now thinking of the people who say some version of "Wow, nice car! What is it?")

Back