Satellite Radio/SiriusXM does not work 15-20% of the time

For the price we paid for this LUXURY car it should come with Satellite Sirius XM radio.
 
I’m in the middle of acquiring a 2023 SQ8, with the B&O 3D upgraded system and I cannot wait for that sound system + satellite connectivity!
 
I’ve had noticeably fewer issues with my iPhone disconnecting or CarPlay acting weird since I started waiting for CarPlay to fully load before doing anything, and I’m also plugging the phone in. The way it was explained to me is that the car can get confused about who’s in charge of phone calls — Lucid Bluetooth or CarPlay — if things happen too fast. Letting CarPlay finish connecting first makes it clear that CarPlay handles calls and Apple Music, while SiriusXM runs through the native Lucid app. Since doing that, things have been much more stable for the last few days, which might be a record. I’m cautiously optimistic.

I don't think Lucid does a great job handling media and source switching in general. The system seems pretty sensitive to timing and doesn’t recover well when things get out of sync. Hopefully future software updates improve how media ownership and handoffs are handled.
 
They told me to rub my head and pat my belly 5 times when I got in and I haven’t had an issue with the audio since I’ve done that every time I get in!
 
So this Luxury Gravity should get a free retrofit Sirius XM satellite radio.
 
I received my Gravity on Christmas day via home delivery and I absolutely love the car! To everyone else with so many complaints, sell your Gravity and get another Tesla. PS - my wife loves her new Gravity, too! Hers came a week before mine.
 
So this Luxury Gravity should get a free retrofit Sirius XM satellite radio.
Cellular based Sirius isn't as good as satellite radio, it's true.

what I can't figure out is why it appears I have to buy a new subscription for the Gravity, when I already have a satellite one for our Land Rover. Since the Gravity's is app based, seems like that should fall into the mobile app bucket and be included with the other sub.
 
I got my 2025 Lucid Air about two months ago. I am unable to receive my satellite radio/Sirius XM about 15-20% of the time. I get a dashboard message which says "Slow Audio Connection", then after 20-30 seconds of apparently trying unsuccessfully, it gives the message "Something went wrong. Try another channel". However it is not channel issue; when this happens, all channels do not work. I understand that Lucid cars receive satellite radio by cellular signal, unlike other cars, so theoretically reception could be interrupted in areas with poor cell signal. However this does not provide an explanation, because this glitch comes up randomly at certain times when I am driving through areas with good cell signal, where I have received satellite radio successfully on other occasions. I took the car to my local Lucid mechanic, but of course this glitch was not happening of the day of the visit. They said they ran some diagnostics, were not able to reproduce the problem, and nothing got fixed or changed. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?
I really don’t have a good explanation but have had the same problem. It seems fixed by keeping the Wi-Fi off. Hopefully that works and some one else can explain…
 
I really don’t have a good explanation but have had the same problem. It seems fixed by keeping the Wi-Fi off. Hopefully that works and some one else can explain…
I took a drive in remote New Mexico last week and, at some point, I got a message stating something like, "Signal Lost" and Sirius, and Spotify, went silent. IIRC Tidal played one album which I must have somehow downloaded direct to the radio. I spent the signal out time enjoying the mountains.
 
I took a drive in remote New Mexico last week and, at some point, I got a message stating something like, "Signal Lost" and Sirius, and Spotify, went silent. IIRC Tidal played one album which I must have somehow downloaded direct to the radio. I spent the signal out time enjoying the mountains.
When my iPhone stopped working the other day, I just sat it down on the table and went on a walk.
 
Back
Top