Santa Cruz vs Mojave?

ahostmadsen

I am thinking to possible lease a Lucid Air. I don't think there's anywhere nearby I can see or test drive the Lucid air, so I might be taking a chance of ordering one sight unseen. It does seem cool! My question is what interior to order. The Santa Cruz seems much nicer than the Mojave. I'm not even sure what is the trim material in Mojave. It looks like plastic from pictures. Is the Santa Cruz interior worth it?

Santa cruz is lighter than mojave. There is also mojave purelux and mojave. My Lucid is Mojave and not purelux. You should see it first.

I could be wrong but I think the materials are the same independent of the color choice. Maybe someone else can confirm?

Santa cruz is lighter than mojave. There is also mojave purelux and mojave. My Lucid is Mojave and not purelux. You should see it first.
For the Air Pure, there are only two alternatives when ordering: "Mojave PurLuxe Leather Alternative" or "Santa Cruz Leather." So, I have to choose one of those. The latter is $3000 extra (or $100 extra per month).

I could be wrong but I think the materials are the same independent of the color choice. Maybe someone else can confirm?
The only options when ordering are: "Mojave PurLuxe Leather Alternative" or "Santa Cruz Leather." It might have been different in the past, or for higher trims.

I can now see they do give more information: for "Mojave PurLuxe Leather Alternative" there is "PurLuxe Leather Alternative in Lucid Black and Graphite with Carbon Oak trim." So, the trim is indeed wood -- or is it? Is Carbon Oak wood? So for "Santa Cruz Leather." the only difference (except color) is that the seats are in leather. How good is the "PurLuxe Leather Alternative"?

Oh interesting. I got a Touring with Mojave leather last year but I purchased and live in Buffalo. But if I was leasing and in a good climate, I'd have no problem with the Santa Cruz

Yes, the pure now only has the mojave purelux or santa cruz leather. I have mojave leather. Maybe purelux is good. i do not know.

My touring was $115k. You can get one now for $93k with SS pro and DD pro like mine. So good deals.

Yes, the pure now only has the mojave purelux or santa cruz leather. I have mojave leather. Maybe purelux is good. i do not know.

My touring was $115k. You can get one now for $93k with SS pro and DD pro like mine. So good deals.
Yes, the lease for Air Pure is $650. That seems like an amazing deal.

I have a Pure AWD with the leather alternative, and like it a lot. I would not know it wasn't leather, but I suspect it will look good longer than leather will. However, if the $3k upgrade you mentioned also gets you massaging seats, you might want to consider it, as I understand that feature is a very nice addition.

I have a Pure AWD with the leather alternative, and like it a lot. I would not know it wasn't leather, but I suspect it will look good longer than leather will. However, if the $3k upgrade you mentioned also gets you massaging seats, you might want to consider it, as I understand that feature is a very nice addition.
Actually, massaging seats are only available with PurLuxe, and NOT the leather! I agree it’s odd, but that’s the way it works. PurLuxe and leather each have some benefits (massaging seats being a huge one)… it just depends on what OP cares about.

I am thinking to possible lease a Lucid Air. I don't think there's anywhere nearby I can see or test drive the Lucid air, so I might be taking a chance of ordering one sight unseen. It does seem cool! My question is what interior to order. The Santa Cruz seems much nicer than the Mojave. I'm not even sure what is the trim material in Mojave. It looks like plastic from pictures. Is the Santa Cruz interior worth it?
I have a 2023 Touring, Zenith and Red Santa Cruz. Santa Cruz is generally lighter, cleaner look with dark front seats. The materials are comparable within a model GT, Touring or Pure. They are different between models. Attached are photos of Santa Cruz interior and the Materials. from 2023. I have contracting 3D mats with the Santa Cruz interior which keeps the carpeting clean. Feel free to use my referral code.

Attachments

• IMG_0515.JPG
    IMG_0515.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • Santa Cruz interior.JPG
    Santa Cruz interior.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1796.JPG
    IMG_1796.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
  • 3D left_0132.JPG
    3D left_0132.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 43
The SC leather also requires the comfort and convenience package ($2500), so in total SC leather is $5500 extra. With the package you also get
• Soft-close doors
• Heated rear seats
• Heated steering wheel
• Four-zone climate control
• Power rear & rear side window sunshades
Not sure how much I care for these. So, $5500 extra for the leather.

Actually, massaging seats are only available with PurLuxe, and NOT the leather! I agree it’s odd, but that’s the way it works. PurLuxe and leather each have some benefits (massaging seats being a huge one)… it just depends on what OP cares about.
It is actually quite complex. The SC leather comes with "14-Way Power Heated Front Seats With Ventilation" whereas the Purelux gives the choice:

12-Way Power Heated Front Seats

20-Way Power Heated Front Seats With Ventilation And Massage
$3,750 USD

It is actually quite complex. The SC leather comes with "14-Way Power Heated Front Seats With Ventilation" whereas the Purelux gives the choice:

12-Way Power Heated Front Seats

20-Way Power Heated Front Seats With Ventilation And Massage
$3,750 USD
Correct, this is what I am referring to by leather not having massage. So I must ask.. do you value the massaging feature? (if you don't, highly suggest trying it; you don't know what you are missing unless you try it!)

Correct, this is what I am referring to by leather not having massage. So I must ask.. do you value the massaging feature? (if you don't, highly suggest trying it; you don't know what you are missing unless you try it!)
We really just drive short distances, so I doubt it's worth it.

We were out with friends tonight and I drove my Pure with Purluxe seating. As we were exiting the car to walk to the restaurant my friend said, “That’s such a nice soft leather”. He was very surprised when I told him it was not leather.

Back