Route 66 Road Trip

Toons3

New Member

Joined
Aug 21, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
7
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Has anyone driven the entire length of Route 66 in their Lucid Air? My wife and I are planning a road trip from NYC to Chicago, then onto Route 66 all the way to Santa Monica Pier. After that, we’ll head back east to Tucson, AZ, and then drop off the car at a transport company and fly home. Any tips for our trip?
 
Has anyone driven the entire length of Route 66 in their Lucid Air? My wife and I are planning a road trip from NYC to Chicago, then onto Route 66 all the way to Santa Monica Pier. After that, we’ll head back east to Tucson, AZ, and then drop off the car at a transport company and fly home. Any tips for our trip?
Don’t forget to take stops, you can go a long way before you need a charge.
 
I did Seattle to Boise when I bought my Air, it’s a very easy road tripping car. Charges really fast too. I didn’t even try Tesla I just did EA chargers at Costco or Kroger. I don’t even have the massage seats and it was comfortable!
 
Has anyone driven the entire length of Route 66 in their Lucid Air? My wife and I are planning a road trip from NYC to Chicago, then onto Route 66 all the way to Santa Monica Pier. After that, we’ll head back east to Tucson, AZ, and then drop off the car at a transport company and fly home. Any tips for our trip?
I just did it in the Gravity.. I dipped in and out of 66 and adjacent highways.. I rushed it, and didnt really make time for fun... I was on a tight schedule..

From an EV perspective its very easy.. There were no issues with charging or range.. Bring a mobile charger, I used one at a hotel outlet (they told me to). Also, shoot for free charging at hotels where you can, just for reducing cost. I wouldn't worry about driving it in a Lucid. You should be good! Have fun!
 
FYI-Santa Fe has a new, large exhibit and hour long movie showing at their downtown visitor/history center that is all about Route 66. I found it super interesting and think it's worth a stop. I believe Albuquerque also has an exhibit somewhere.
 
We did it! NYC to Chicago to Route 66 to Santa Monica then to Tucson. Dropping the car off for shipping to NYC in a few days. Charging was no problem since I-40 runs parallel to Rt 66 and 40 and its nearby towns always had functioning chargers. The car handled like a dream. Fantastically comfortable to drive and ride in. Only problem was some windshield damage after getting caught in a hail storm. Won’t speak about range because a large chunk of the trip was in temps ranging from 95-102 degrees and we also passed through mountains. Driving 70-80 mph also kills range. Only saw two other Lucids: in Chicago and Los Angeles! In total we did 4,100 miles in 16 days. Highly recommend it to everyone.

The trip is on Instagram: #Route66LucidDreaming

 
I just did it in the Gravity.. I dipped in and out of 66 and adjacent highways.. I rushed it, and didnt really make time for fun... I was on a tight schedule..

From an EV perspective its very easy.. There were no issues with charging or range.. Bring a mobile charger, I used one at a hotel outlet (they told me to). Also, shoot for free charging at hotels where you can, just for reducing cost. I wouldn't worry about driving it in a Lucid. You should be good! Have fun!
Great advice and all true. It was a wonderful experience and no problems with range or finding chargers.
 
I did Seattle to Boise when I bought my Air, it’s a very easy road tripping car. Charges really fast too. I didn’t even try Tesla I just did EA chargers at Costco or Kroger. I don’t even have the massage seats and it was comfortable!
So true, the car is very comfortable to drive. I loved stretching out in the back seat during charging stops.
 
Back
Top