Rough Rivian OTA update

Oh man that’s terrible news. Unfortunately poop happens. Undoubtably this will echo in the stock market and in future comments about the company, but I hope the impact is not that bad in reality.

I started downloading 1/2 way, and then it was stopped. I guess I got lucky Rivian canceled deployment in middle of my OTA update.

Oh man that’s terrible news. Unfortunately poop happens. Undoubtably this will echo in the stock market and in future comments about the company, but I hope the impact is not that bad in reality.

I think their stock was somehow sustained by their software praised despite already down about 90% since peak.

Wow, glad I didn’t see this update. I never wait, even though I know I should.

I started downloading 1/2 way, and then it was stopped. I guess I got lucky Rivian canceled deployment in middle of my OTA update.
Thank goodness. That’s a devilish OTA!

I think their stock was somehow sustained by their software praised despite already down about 90% since peak.
I really like Rivian and want to see them succeed. I think options in the EV market like Lucid, Rivian, and Tesla will drive more infrastructure and continued innovation in the EV market.

My one concern is Tesla riding the first to market wave with little to no incentive to continue to innovate. I’ll be happy to be wrong and they continue to innovate because they command a tremendous amount of sway in the EV industry and charging infrastructure and can make immediate impacts in the industry if they so desired.

I really like Rivian and want to see them succeed. I think options in the EV market like Lucid, Rivian, and Tesla will drive more infrastructure and continued innovation in the EV market.

My one concern is Tesla riding the first to market wave with little to no incentive to continue to innovate. I’ll be happy to be wrong and they continue to innovate because they command a tremendous amount of sway in the EV industry and charging infrastructure and can make immediate impacts in the industry if they so desired.

They still do, but just emphasis mostly on software side. They are also innovating in manufacturing efficiency at gigafactory vertical integration process and using more software features to delete physical items and to reduce cost to bring down prices for affordability. That’s their mission.

Lucid really needs to learn from Rivian’s mistake and insure that the proper processes are in place to prevent such an issue. Lucid cannot afford this type of mistake! Fortunately, for me, my Rivian is at the service center right now getting a panel adjustment and rattle issue resolved. They’ve had it for two weeks, with no work being done on it.

Luckily my update install failed. Now I know why.

Lucid really needs to learn from Rivian’s mistake and insure that the proper processes are in place to prevent such an issue. Lucid cannot afford this type of mistake! Fortunately, for me, my Rivian is at the service center right now getting a panel adjustment and rattle issue resolved. They’ve had it for two weeks, with no work being done on it.
It's weird, I don't see much press about this, but if Lucid did the same thing, it'd be on every news site and on Twitter/X within seconds.

It's weird, I don't see much press about this, but if Lucid did the same thing, it'd be on every news site and on Twitter/X within seconds.
Barrons: "Lucid update bricks a brick car made by a bankrupt company, is now the time to sell LCID stock?"

This is true. I wouldn’t wish Lucid press on anyone.

I like the way Rivian handled this. Simple message. “We fu$ked up. We’re going to fix it.”

Even Apple has bricked phones with updates in the past. Happens to the best of us.

It’s a shame I have no interest in Rivian’s products. I really do respect them as a company.

I like the way Rivian handled this. Simple message. “We fu$ked up. We’re going to fix it.”

Even Apple has bricked phones with updates in the past. Happens to the best of us.

It’s a shame I have no interest in Rivian’s products. I really do respect them as a company.
Yeah, rivian is refreshingly open compared to Lucid. They actually acknowledge the fact that there is an error very fast, they have blogs, etc.

Also wait, you live in colorado. How is it legal to have no interest in Rivian?

It just happened last night and very brief window (1 hours), small damage caught in time.

This is how Rivian pleases owners. They answer promptly and frankly, no BS going around excuses or not responding for information void.

Yeah, rivian is refreshingly open compared to Lucid. They actually acknowledge the fact that there is an error very fast, they have blogs, etc.

Also wait, you live in colorado. How is it legal to have no interest in Rivian?

Must be that cartoonish headlights look. That front headlights took time to grow on me after seeing them now on streets almost daily basis.

Must be that cartoonish headlights look. That front headlights took time to grow on me after seeing them now on streets almost daily basis.
I have grown to like the headlights on the Rivian. Although they still look goofy on those Amazon Prime vans.

I just think all these amazing mountain and canyon roads are wasted on these pickup trucks around here. Give me a two-seater roadster on those roads any day.

I hope that those few brave souls that shipped their Rivian out of country didn’t install this FW! They would be screwed if the solution can’t be pushed remotely.

Back