Road Trip to Santa Fe update 4.4miles/KWH attained!

jcook3s

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
DE Number
Yesterday was a challenging day of Driving from Flagstaff to Santa Fe…..Huge accident somewhere ahead of us on I-40 caused a drive that should have been 7-8 hours to be 12….after being embedded in the jam for several hours, we got off in Gallup, NM and charged at EA while stretching and chilling. The last leg to our Santa Fe destination was a bit over 205 miles from Gallup and when we started, we encountered a construction zone with stop and go for about 50-60 minutes…the Pilot panel showed 3.0 for about 30 miles…once we got past the slow down, we Set the Highway Assist for 75 and settled in for the end of a long days drive.
The outside temperature was 87, the cabin temperature was set at 75, ventilated seats on Max….I used the Massage Function at least 4 times but by the time we got to Albuquerque we were at 4.4miles/KWH and that held for a total of 160 miles….on the last 45 miles it dropped down to 4.0 as we pulled up to our VRBO! The outside temperature showed as high as 89 and was at 85 as we drove past Santa Fe. Obviously, an amazing number but I’ll take it! Our average for over 10,000 miles is still 3.7/KWH…..such an amazing and comfortable car for a road trip! BYTW the tire pressure was at 51 cold on 19” wheels……

That's great efficiency, especially with the climb from Albuquerque to Santa Fe. I think your slow speed really helped. I got just over 3 for a Phoenix to Denver drive, but was going about 85 when able. I wish I had the patience to go 75. I bet you had trucks passing you.

I did get as much as 5.5 on my return from Payson to Phoenix.

I just did a very spirited drive up to Estes Park, then across the Peak-to-Peak Highway to Nederland, and then back down to Boulder. About 100 miles total. Climbed from 5,600 feet up to over 9,000, then back down to 5,600. Made no attempt to drive efficiently.

Averaged 4.3 mi/kWh. Had a smile on my face the entire drive.

I love this car.

That's great efficiency, especially with the climb from Albuquerque to Santa Fe. I think your slow speed really helped. I got just over 3 for a Phoenix to Denver drive, but was going about 85 when able. I wish I had the patience to go 75. I bet you had trucks passing you.

I did get as much as 5.5 on my return from Payson to Phoenix.
on I-40 it felt like 90% very large trucks…..I-25 had almost no large trucks

I just did a very spirited drive up to Estes Park, then across the Peak-to-Peak Highway to Nederland, and then back down to Boulder. About 100 miles total. Climbed from 5,600 feet up to over 9,000, then back down to 5,600. Made no attempt to drive efficiently.

Averaged 4.3 mi/kWh. Had a smile on my face the entire drive.

I love this car.
Incredible efficiency!

Yesterday was a challenging day of Driving from Flagstaff to Santa Fe…..Huge accident somewhere ahead of us on I-40 caused a drive that should have been 7-8 hours to be 12….after being embedded in the jam for several hours, we got off in Gallup, NM and charged at EA while stretching and chilling. The last leg to our Santa Fe destination was a bit over 205 miles from Gallup and when we started, we encountered a construction zone with stop and go for about 50-60 minutes…the Pilot panel showed 3.0 for about 30 miles…once we got past the slow down, we Set the Highway Assist for 75 and settled in for the end of a long days drive.
The outside temperature was 87, the cabin temperature was set at 75, ventilated seats on Max….I used the Massage Function at least 4 times but by the time we got to Albuquerque we were at 4.4miles/KWH and that held for a total of 160 miles….on the last 45 miles it dropped down to 4.0 as we pulled up to our VRBO! The outside temperature showed as high as 89 and was at 85 as we drove past Santa Fe. Obviously, an amazing number but I’ll take it! Our average for over 10,000 miles is still 3.7/KWH…..such an amazing and comfortable car for a road trip! BYTW the tire pressure was at 51 cold on 19” wheels……
That s great feedback - thank you - you can see below our stats since we own our GT with 21 inch wheels - we did once reach 4.1 mi/kWh - we have 3700 miles with 2.9 mi/kwh

Attachments

• lucid gt miami.png
    lucid gt miami.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 113
That s great feedback - thank you - you can see below our stats since we own our GT with 21 inch wheels - we did once reach 4.1 mi/kWh - we have 3700 miles with 2.9 mi/kwh
those new aero wheels don't look too promising on increasing range

those new aero wheels don't look too promising on increasing range
It just goes to show what a good job Lucid did with the aerodynamics of the 21" wheels.

Aerodynamic and look good. Now if only someone would come out with an all season EV tire that fits them...

You are right - great aerodynamics . We do enjoy the look of the New Aero wheels, we never picked those with the intention to save on range

Back