- Joined
- Aug 14, 2025
- Messages
- 142
- Reaction score
- 208
- Cars
- 2014 Leaf, 2018 Model 3
Just did a long road trip from Chicago to Santa Fe, with some stops in CO. Coming from Tesla M3, without a CCS to NACS adaptor, so was pretty much restricted in the past to SC's on the road.
Gravity gives you so much more flexibility with charging. SC's, EA, CP DCFC and IONA. I think I used one other oddball one.
Had done a similar trip about 2 years ago with the M3, and obviously it was fine (still alive). But would've been much tougher if it had been as cold as this one.
Yes the flexiblity comes with some costs. Really needed to use Plugshare to figure out the routing, then navigate charger to charger. Lucid didn't want to route me as aggressively, even when I set the low battery limit at arrival down.
Overall, range is amazing. Never stopped at a rest stop in the M3; discharging me while charging the car was always enough bio break. But with the Gravity, it goes a lot longer than I can.
Gravity gives you so much more flexibility with charging. SC's, EA, CP DCFC and IONA. I think I used one other oddball one.
Had done a similar trip about 2 years ago with the M3, and obviously it was fine (still alive). But would've been much tougher if it had been as cold as this one.
Yes the flexiblity comes with some costs. Really needed to use Plugshare to figure out the routing, then navigate charger to charger. Lucid didn't want to route me as aggressively, even when I set the low battery limit at arrival down.
Overall, range is amazing. Never stopped at a rest stop in the M3; discharging me while charging the car was always enough bio break. But with the Gravity, it goes a lot longer than I can.