Definitely owe Mike for countless avoided tickets and trips to the clink.
I had my 1st real radar detector from Mike, the legendary Escort, sometime in the late 80's, then a Passport, various Valentine Ones from the early 90's until only a few years ago, then finally a Valentine V1 Gen 2.
In hindsight, the V1 Gen 1 was absolutely the longest-lasting useful tech I've ever owned by a long shot.
Funny story, my client, unbeknownst to me, was the new owner of Escort after they went bankrupt and offered to replace my V1 with their best unit for nothing. When I turned him down, I nearly got fired!
www.caranddriver.com
I had my 1st real radar detector from Mike, the legendary Escort, sometime in the late 80's, then a Passport, various Valentine Ones from the early 90's until only a few years ago, then finally a Valentine V1 Gen 2.
In hindsight, the V1 Gen 1 was absolutely the longest-lasting useful tech I've ever owned by a long shot.
Funny story, my client, unbeknownst to me, was the new owner of Escort after they went bankrupt and offered to replace my V1 with their best unit for nothing. When I turned him down, I nearly got fired!
In Memory of Mike Valentine, a Pioneer of the Radar Detector Industry
Mike Valentine, who was our kind of guy in that he loved cars and loved driving fast, died suddenly this week.