RESOLVED: Alexa won't respond while playing an Atmos track

Car Guy

Cars
Air Grand Touring Range
I appear to have successfully linked to Alexa. I get a blue line when saying "Alexa" but she never responds. I get no action, no response. I've tried to get her to place a call, or navigate to a location, but nothing happens. the result is I have to hand place calls, and try to locate music myself while driving. Both make the situation far more dangerous. My 2019 Alfa Romeo does these things far better than Lucid. I'm very disappointed.

What version of software? Are you playing an Atmos track while you tried it?

I was just about to make a similar post as @Car Guy - Alexa is definitely moody in this Lucid implementation these days. I have a houseful of Alexas, so know how she should work.

What I’m finding is that she behaves as described by OP unless I switch over to Radio first. Then, I can hear her. The reason the blue line sits there after invoking her is that she most definitely is answering…but her responses are not being heard unless you are set to Radio. This includes playing any music (I.e., “Alexa, play Christmas music“).

I don’t recall it being like this from the beginning of our ownership in October, so maybe one of the recent updates introduced a bug ?

I was just about to make a similar post as @Car Guy - Alexa is definitely moody in this Lucid implementation these days. I have a houseful of Alexas, so know how she should work.

What I’m finding is that she behaves as described by OP unless I switch over to Radio first. Then, I can hear her. The reason the blue line sits there after invoking her is that she most definitely is answering…but her responses are not being heard unless you are set to Radio. This includes playing any music (I.e., “Alexa, play Christmas music“).

I don’t recall it being like this from the beginning of our ownership in October, so maybe one of the recent updates introduced a bug ?
The bug is that during the playing of an Atmos track, Alexa won’t respond. Voicemails and texts also won’t play.

If you switch to any non-Atmos track, it should all work fine.

The bug is that during the playing of an Atmos track, Alexa won’t respond. Voicemails and texts also won’t play.

GTFOH!!!!!

Try it :)

Maybe there’s a new bug, but that’s one I reported during the beta tests; I know it’s on their list to fix.
That’s such a niche bug, thank you!

Is this still the case? I think it is as Alexa is always a silent blue bar when I'm listening to Tidal. I always listen to Atmos tracks. I noticed she was working yesterday but I was listening to Sirius XM. I have the latests software.

i reached out to customer service about various software bugs and one of them was an Alexa bug. they suggested that i switch to a guest profile and back (bobby reset?) to resolve the Alexa bug.

I can confirm that this is still a bug. I’m on 2.0.47. Alexa blue bar appears when listening to Atmos tracks in tidal but you can’t hear Alexa. So she is working but you can’t really interact since you can’t hear what she is saying.

I tried with an atmos track , no Alexa voice. Switched to non atmos track on tidal and I could hear Alexa fine, same voice command. Switched back to Atmos and no Alexa voice.

Mods, Maybe add BUG to the title ?

I can confirm that this is still a bug. I’m on 2.0.47. Alexa blue bar appears when listening to Atmos tracks in tidal but you can’t hear Alexa. So she is working but you can’t really interact since you can’t hear what she is saying.

I tried with an atmos track , no Alexa voice. Switched to non atmos track on tidal and I could hear Alexa fine, same voice command. Switched back to Atmos and no Alexa voice.

Mods, Maybe add BUG to the title ?
Good idea; I modified the title to make it more clear.

This appears to be fixed with 2.0.58. I can now hear Alexa for nav and commands while playing Atmos tracks on Tidal.

Back