Replacing Speakers and Deck?

Hogansfour

Cars
2023 lucid pure
Has anyone replaced their Lucid Air Pure speakers, deck, etc.? Still blows my mind that a $90k car has such a terrible audio system. Considering replacing, but thought I would seek any experiences with this first.

Do a search on the forum for stereo, bass, etc. There are many, many threads here on the system. Including some folks who have modified theirs.

Bottom line, if the system is underwhelming to you a bit, that's a a matter of taste. If you think it's terrible, however, chances are you need the "fix." It involves tape.

Like I said, search around. Plenty of info on it.

Do a search on the forum for stereo, bass, etc. There are many, many threads here on the system. Including some folks who have modified theirs.

Bottom line, if the system is underwhelming to you a bit, that's a a matter of taste. If you think it's terrible, however, chances are you need the "fix." It involves tape.

Like I said, search around. Plenty of info on it.
Appreciate the response. Definitely a matter of taste, but it’s one that’s very common from everything I’ve seen. Not sure what you mean by the fix needing tape.

Appreciate the response. Definitely a matter of taste, but it’s one that’s very common from everything I’ve seen. Not sure what you mean by the fix needing tape.
Do you have SS or SSP? Also, a quick search of the forum will reveal what the tape method is.

Do you have SS or SSP? Also, a quick search of the forum will reveal what the tape method is.
It’s not just the speakers rattling that is the issue, it’s the quality of them, the deck and associated equalizer, etc. It’s just all very cheap.

It’s not just the speakers rattling that is the issue, it’s the quality of them, the deck and associated equalizer, etc. It’s just all very cheap.
Trust us. just search. Dozens of people said the same thing. Did the ‘fix’. Said it was night and day.

Might not apply to you. But that’s what everyone says.

Trust us. just search. Dozens of people said the same thing. Did the ‘fix’. Said it was night and day.

Might not apply to you. But that’s what everyone says.
Ok. I don’t use Reddit much, so I’ll search for tape fix and see what turns up.

Ok. I don’t use Reddit much, so I’ll search for tape fix and see what turns up.
Search within this forum (box in upper right corner) for speaker tape

Search within this forum (box in upper right corner) for speaker tape
Yep, did. Thanks. Mobile unit checking their schedules to come fix. Still think I’m going to need to replace the system. The rattling is only part of the challenge. Quality is a huge issue as well. Appreciate everyone chiming in.

Yep, did. Thanks. Mobile unit checking their schedules to come fix. Still think I’m going to need to replace the system. The rattling is only part of the challenge. Quality is a huge issue as well. Appreciate everyone chiming in.
Shelf-rattling and "blew-up" woofer sounds from the front seats are known common issues. Mobile service can fix both. Give service center a call and arrange the mobile service.
As for audio speakers.. I do miss my previous vehicle's Bang and Olufsen speakers sound a bit (Audi S5).

Perhaps further configuration of the EQ would be available at some point... before i start to spend another 10k on speakers and amp rabbit hole.
But yea... Lucid Air doesn't have a sub-woofer... just woofers..
It does a decent job (I have SSPro).. but yea... having a dedicated subwoofer would improve the sound a lot for sure.

Last edited:
Adding a powered subwoofer was the best "mod" I could have made.

Highly recommend.

Can you provide any details of your install?

I also would like to know!

JL Audio 12TW1 Microsub
JL Audio RBC1 Bass Knob
KnuKonceptz Kolossus 8 Gauge Amp Wiring Kit

Straightforward setup thanks to this forum.

Tapped into the rear 12v for power, ran the negative to the chassis ground adjacent to the 12v.

Ran the speaker wire to the rear deck sub and connected via alligator clips.

The sub sits perfectly in the false floor in the trunk, no mods required--it's also has a quick-connect, in the event that cargo space is needed.

Routed the bass knob to the lower dash panel to the right of the steering wheel, just for preference.

After having this setup for a while, and having a loaded loaner, there's no way I'd spring for the SSP setup; YMMV.

JL Audio 12TW1 Microsub
JL Audio RBC1 Bass Knob
KnuKonceptz Kolossus 8 Gauge Amp Wiring Kit

Straightforward setup thanks to this forum.

Tapped into the rear 12v for power, ran the negative to the chassis ground adjacent to the 12v.

Ran the speaker wire to the rear deck sub and connected via alligator clips.

The sub sits perfectly in the false floor in the trunk, no mods required--it's also has a quick-connect, in the event that cargo space is needed.

Routed the bass knob to the lower dash panel to the right of the steering wheel, just for preference.

After having this setup for a while, and having a loaded loaner, there's no way I'd spring for the SSP setup; YMMV.
I'm soooo noob with all this wiring stuff....
I'll probably have to take it to the car audio shop for sure...

I'm soooo noob with all this wiring stuff....
I'll probably have to take it to the car audio shop for sure...
I made a thread recently (link below) that includes a how-to on a simple subwoofer install. You can use any external powered sub of your choice.

Back