Repeat phone problems where the other party can't hear me

coupedncal

Member

Joined
Oct 1, 2025
Messages
82
Reaction score
56
Location
San Francisco Bay Area
Cars
2026 Lucid Air Pure
I have a new Lucid with only 500 miles. I have had this happen twice now where the other party cannot hear me when using Apple CarPlay connection. Moving the call to the phone or speaker works of course. But moving it to CarPlay causes this issue. I can hear the other party on the CarPlay just fine through the car speakers. But the other side can't hear me. The only way to fix this is to reboot the head unit by holding down the brake pedal and the X and the mic buttons on the steering wheel (all at the same time). The reboot fixes the issue temporarily for a day or two. And the problem reoccurs.

Any ideas??
 
I have experienced the same problem and fixed by holding the “air”logo down unsee settings. Clearly something is crashing. Hope 2.8.5 solves it
 
Could you elaborate on this holding the air logo down method? Where is this button exactly? Does that reboot the car or just a sub-system? I am only familiar with the brake+x+mic button reboot.
 
Could you elaborate on this holding the air logo down method? Where is this button exactly? Does that reboot the car or just a sub-system? I am only familiar with the brake+x+mic button reboot.
Check out the "How Do I Reset My Car" section in FAQ - https://www.lucidupdates.com/faq.html
Lucid explained the Air logo method to me as a "soft" reboot as opposed to a "hard" reboot that the brake+mic button initiates.
 
"There are many computer systems in the Lucid Air. Just like any computer, these systems sometimes require a reset. There are several different known resets.

•Sleep: This reset will occur when the car is locked. By simply walking away from the car for more than thirty minutes, it will go to sleep and when it next wakes up a reset will have occurred. You can disable proximity sensing of the Mobile Key or Fob by locking with the Key Card (see below for more information about locking and unlocking).

•Logo Reset: This is similar to restarting your computer. Go to Settings, About and look for the “Air” logo in the upper left of the Pilot Panel. Press on the center of the logo steadily for 15-20 seconds and you will see a “Powering off” message appear in the upper right panel. Release the button. Allow the car to reboot.

•“Bobby” Reset: This is most often used if the Pilot Panel is non-responsive but the upper screen is responding normally. Tap your profile picture in the upper left hand corner of the right dashboard screen and choose Guest Profile. After the Guest Profile loads, tap the button again and load your desired profile.

•Full Reset: while the car is in park, hold down the microphone and the "X" button on the steering wheel as well as the brake. Hold all three until the car resets.

•Customer Service Reset: If needed, contact Customer Care (888-995-8243) either by phone or text and explain the situation. Customer Care is able to remotely reset the car."
 
Can you do the logo reset while you're driving or do you need to be pulled over? With my Tesla, I could do the two finger reboot while driving but I didn't like the experience of driving with all the screens dark.
 
It hasn’t happened in a while but I did have this a few software versions ago.
 
Can you do the logo reset while you're driving or do you need to be pulled over? With my Tesla, I could do the two finger reboot while driving but I didn't like the experience of driving with all the screens dark.
You have to be parked with the car in park to do any of the resets.
 
I have this same issue at least every 3 days. I believe the service advisor said the issue is switching back and forth between CarPlay and Lucid's Infotainment system. He advised me to only use one. For me this was not an acceptable answer, but there is nothing I can do. The issue for me has been going on since I purchased the car last June.
 
I have this same issue at least every 3 days. I believe the service advisor said the issue is switching back and forth between CarPlay and Lucid's Infotainment system. He advised me to only use one. For me this was not an acceptable answer, but there is nothing I can do. The issue for me has been going on since I purchased the car last June.
In my case, because my phone attaches automatically to CarPlay, even if I press phone icon the Lucid infotainment, it forces me to click on CarPlay to use the phone. I can't use native Lucid phone app with my iPhone. is there something I am not doing correctly? I can of course turn off CarPlay from my phone side but that will mean I lose all CarPlay features and that is a non starter.
 
In my case, because my phone attaches automatically to CarPlay, even if I press phone icon the Lucid infotainment, it forces me to click on CarPlay to use the phone. I can't use native Lucid phone app with my iPhone. is there something I am not doing correctly? I can of course turn off CarPlay from my phone side but that will mean I lose all CarPlay features and that is a non starter.
I am in the same boat, I don't want to lose CarPlay. I'm not sure how, but I think you can use CarPlay for everything including your phone. Perhaps ChatGPT will answer the question. :)
 
OP here. I have had to reboot my infotainment for the third time in the past week. Just happened again this evening. The frequency this issue is occurring is astounding. There has got to be a fix for this. As someone else also commented, once a phone is on wireless CarPlay, all calls go through CarPlay and you CANNOT use the native phone app for phone calls. And CarPlay phone calls do not work when that software issue surfaces and the other party can't hear you.
 
For reasons beyond my comprehension the use of a phone in all Lucid Airs-mine, my colleagues and various loaners- is useless. I’ve given up long ago and leave a dedicated Poly Bluetooth headset in the car. How it can be significantly worse than my 2001 E39 M5 is a mystery.
 
I’m having this problem too. There’s a 5 second lag on anything I say. It makes a phone call basically impossible from my 2026 amazing future car.
 
I seem to be having this exact issue much more frequently, any ideas on how to improve it?
 
I've had problems with my iPhone since I bought the car new last June. It's been worse lately to the point that I just cary my AirPods for phone calls. The service center in Rocklin Ca finally admitted there is a problem but didn't have a solution. I don't have much faith in it being fixed.
 
I just got off the phone with customer care and the guy told me they are rolling out a very big software update by the end of this week or early next week. He says that improved phone connectivity is in the update. An improvement for me is if it just worked. I'm hoping for the best.
 
I get this issue roughly every week, on top of the other issue where sound only comes from the driver/front side. Air Reset usually fixes it.

At this point I need to do a reset 2-3 times a week to have my car function "normal"

Hopefully that update comes soon.
 
Back
Top