Regenerative Braking and Charge Limit

Came to the forums just to make sure this was noted somewhere. I talked to customer care and:
If your car is 100% charged, it will not do "High" regenerative braking.

This is a huge miss and really dangerous. I ran 15 feet through a stop sign today and slammed on my brakes. BARE MINIMUM should be a notification that regen is not available. Best case would be regen or faked regen via software controlled brake by wire or something. I am rarely at 100% but am heading on a long road trip for the first time and experienced this today.
for good battery health, charging above 80% is not recommended on a regular basis. so this shouldn’t be a regular recurrence? If so, wouldn’t it be over engineering for them to add logic to regular drive program? And where to put that excess power regenerated (or heat)?

for good battery health, charging above 80% is not recommended on a regular basis. so this shouldn’t be a regular recurrence? If so, wouldn’t it be over engineering for them to add logic to regular drive program? And where to put that excess power regenerated (or heat)?
Driving in the cold is much more regular for some of us and has the same issue, except even less predictable. The battery warms up and starts accepting charge while driving, so the regen behavior changes even throughout one drive. I’ve never been unable to stop with the brakes on time, but it is a little adrenaline burst each time it feels like the car is not doing what I expect.

Driving in the cold is much more regular for some of us and has the same issue, except even less predictable. The battery warms up and starts accepting charge while driving, so the regen behavior changes even throughout one drive. I’ve never been unable to stop with the brakes on time, but it is a little adrenaline burst each time it feels like the car is not doing what I expect.
On top of this, the last few software updates seems to have dialed in quick acceleration regen, it's not as predictable as it once was in smooth mode in high regen.

I noticed if you accelerate quickly but then take your foot off completely, it'll Coast for a bit before activating full regen like it once did.
And although that's a welcome feature for efficency and less herky jerky motion for the passengers, it makes it less predictable because it's not accurately doing what is showing when the car goes into full 100% regen until a few seconds later.

I've had to adjust and start using brakes a lot more because I don't know when the car will Coast and when it'll actually regen.

Back