- Joined
- Jul 26, 2025
- Messages
- 24
- Reaction score
- 51
- Location
- Central Florida, USA
- Cars
- Lucid Air Touring
I am writing this for those contemplating purchase of a new or used Lucid Air Touring.
Too many Air video reviews and posts here focus on criticisms. Yes, I would like the Air key fob replaced with something functional, I would like occasional software weirdness eliminated, and I would like the Adaptive Cruise Control logic improved. However, overall, I find Air Touring a magnificent car worthy of praise and ownership.
I come from five-year ownership of a Porsche Taycan 4S, which is a wonderful vehicle (no other EV can touch its handling characteristics). I also have experience with Mercedes S Class, have owned all manner of other high-end cars, and have test driven almost all luxury EVs including Cadillac Lyrix and Vistiq, BMW i7, Mercedes EQS, as well as the Tesla Model Y and S. I test drove a Lucid Air Touring in early 2025.
In January 2026 I purchased a certified 2023 Lucid Air Touring with 23,000 miles directly from Lucid Motors. Early issues included the need to have the Dream Drive Pro sensors calibrated to enable Highway Drive Assist, and service put some clips on the frames of the rear doors which eliminated almost all wind noise. Since then, all is great.
Coming from the Taycan, the biggest benefit of the Air is the incredible packaging and the comfort all that space affords in a package about the same size as a Taycan and a Mercedes E Class. The Taycan and Air are the same length, with both being about a foot shorter than the Mercedes S Class. The Air has about twice the storage space of both the Taycan and the S Class. Unlike the Taycan, the Air back seat is suitable for adults and road trips. The Air has almost as much passenger space as the S Class with the benefit of being nimbler and more fun to drive, while also being a great highway cruiser.
The second important benefit of the Air is its efficiency, getting 100 miles more range than the Taycan at an 85% charge, with virtually the same battery capacity (about 93 KWh).
I find the Air interior materials and build quality on par with both the Taycan and the S Class, but not quite as tight feeling.
Straight line performance of the Air Touring matches the Taycan 4S and blows away the S Class.
Whether new or used, I recommend Lucid Air Touring in the following configuration:
19 inch wheels for best range and NVH.
Dream Drive Pro
Surreal Sound Pro
Class Canopy (add XPEL 15 tint to cut the glare)
Too many Air video reviews and posts here focus on criticisms. Yes, I would like the Air key fob replaced with something functional, I would like occasional software weirdness eliminated, and I would like the Adaptive Cruise Control logic improved. However, overall, I find Air Touring a magnificent car worthy of praise and ownership.
I come from five-year ownership of a Porsche Taycan 4S, which is a wonderful vehicle (no other EV can touch its handling characteristics). I also have experience with Mercedes S Class, have owned all manner of other high-end cars, and have test driven almost all luxury EVs including Cadillac Lyrix and Vistiq, BMW i7, Mercedes EQS, as well as the Tesla Model Y and S. I test drove a Lucid Air Touring in early 2025.
In January 2026 I purchased a certified 2023 Lucid Air Touring with 23,000 miles directly from Lucid Motors. Early issues included the need to have the Dream Drive Pro sensors calibrated to enable Highway Drive Assist, and service put some clips on the frames of the rear doors which eliminated almost all wind noise. Since then, all is great.
Coming from the Taycan, the biggest benefit of the Air is the incredible packaging and the comfort all that space affords in a package about the same size as a Taycan and a Mercedes E Class. The Taycan and Air are the same length, with both being about a foot shorter than the Mercedes S Class. The Air has about twice the storage space of both the Taycan and the S Class. Unlike the Taycan, the Air back seat is suitable for adults and road trips. The Air has almost as much passenger space as the S Class with the benefit of being nimbler and more fun to drive, while also being a great highway cruiser.
The second important benefit of the Air is its efficiency, getting 100 miles more range than the Taycan at an 85% charge, with virtually the same battery capacity (about 93 KWh).
I find the Air interior materials and build quality on par with both the Taycan and the S Class, but not quite as tight feeling.
Straight line performance of the Air Touring matches the Taycan 4S and blows away the S Class.
Whether new or used, I recommend Lucid Air Touring in the following configuration:
19 inch wheels for best range and NVH.
Dream Drive Pro
Surreal Sound Pro
Class Canopy (add XPEL 15 tint to cut the glare)