Recommendation for Winter Tires Set

Lmunozjr

Member

Joined
Dec 26, 2025
Messages
24
Reaction score
2
Location
California
Cars
Air Touring GMC Sierra
Hello fellow Lucid Owners, leased my '26 AT in Dec and now we're moving to Colorado Springs, CO. I'm looking for recommendation on a good winter tire/wheel set during the winter months. Any suggestion/recommendation welcome.
 
I bought a set of wheels and winter tires when I bought my AT 18 months ago from Lucid. 19" Pirelli soto zeros. I am sure I could have paid (maybe a lot) less. But not knowing much about ev tires I figured I would just pay extra and have peace of mind. I am happy with them after two winters. They drive well in the snow and cold. I find that efficiency is reduced a bit, but friends tell me that efficiency is reduced on all winter tires.
 
PaulJ, thank you for your honest opinion. I have thought about Lucid 9" Pirelli soto zeros however there is a better tire from Michelin, the X-Ice Snow. One would think for a car of this quality Lucid would want to best tire for the occasion. This summer I'm moving to Colorado Springs, CO so I have until at least end of September to get winter tires. Again, thank you.
 
The Gravity’s winter tire package is the Hankook icept evo3x winter tires. It’s designed for EV’s, 3PMSF certified, and has gotten great reviews. Maybe they have the size for Air’s?

I love the all-season version, so much so that I bought them for my Model X. The comfort and road noise reduction is night and day from my previous tires. I drove my GDE in the mountains in heavy rain and Grativy+tire combination was great.

I’d buy the Hankook EVO winter tire version if I lived in snow.
 
Last edited:
After owning 4 Subarus and two Teslas(with Snowies), I just went through my first winter in Salt lake on the stock 19’s.

My opinion? No need for Snowies here with the AWD Air.
 
After owning 4 Subarus and two Teslas(with Snowies), I just went through my first winter in Salt lake on the stock 19’s.

My opinion? No need for Snowies here with the AWD Air.
Agree, with light snow and/or plowed roads, I’d do AS + AWD, as well. With heavy snow/ice, I’d want winter 3PMSF tires or just stay home until the roads are plowed.
 
I refuse to answer on the grounds that Winter is just over and I can't think about it coming back, just yet... :)

On the other hand, I bought a winter set for my gravity from Lucid and was extremely happy with snow and ice performance.
 
Back
Top