Received an email to confirm my Grand Touring order

I confirmed my GT order yesterday, was told that the delivery will be 2-4 months (from the confirmation date). Not too sure the information is accurate since DE being delayed.

I confirmed my GT order yesterday, was told that the delivery will be 2-4 months (from the confirmation date). Not too sure the information is accurate since DE being delayed.
Congrats! When did you make your reservation?

did you get a chance to test drive the vehicle? i don't want to confirm my GT order until i get a chance to test drive the car. my advisor hasn't replied to my email but he assured that i can test drive before i confirm my order.

What my SA said when I got the invite was that he could "place a hold" on the confirmation. That would enable me to do the test drive before confirming. Since the studio didn't have a car yet at the time, I went ahead and risked the $1000 given everything that I was reading so that my 2-5 month timeline didn't stretch more.

What my SA said when I got the invite was that he could "place a hold" on the confirmation. That would enable me to do the test drive before confirming. Since the studio didn't have a car yet at the time, I went ahead and risked the $1000 given everything that I was reading so that my 2-5 month timeline didn't stretch more.
Did your SA give you a time frame on the test drive?

Fortunately, they got a vehicle in about a week later, so I've already had one. At least in my area, the appt times did not require much of a wait.

Fortunately, they got a vehicle in about a week later, so I've already had one. At least in my area, the appt times did not require much of a wait.
How long was the test drive? Is the car fully functional? Would you share your likes and dislikes from your test drive? Thanks!

How long was the test drive? Is the car fully functional? Would you share your likes and dislikes from your test drive? Thanks!
The total drive time wasn't long...maybe 15 minutes give or take. I'm not sure I could give much detail here for a few reasons: 1) This is my first EV and 2) the first part of the drive was me getting used to the lowest level of regen braking. I'm going back on Wednesday so that my wife can go for a ride. But at a very general level, the car handled much better than I expected even after reading the reviews. It was very quiet. Because of the fear of wrecking a $139k car during rush hour traffic while using the regen braking, I didn't really have enough time or courage to start testing features, so hopefully, I will do more of that in a couple days. When we did get on the freeway, I didn't realize how easy it is to get to 104 without really noticing it, but I did not have an opportunity, due to traffic, to do much of a 0-60 launch.

Overall, it will be interesting to see how my experiences compare to others especially once I get the car because this is my first EV, and things I find amazing on it may be things that every EV can do. But as Lucid and others have said. This car is more likely to get people to convert from ICE to EV especially, if you're looking for a higher end vehicle. The Tesla conversion is probably an added bonus. What really got me excited was the care design (inside and out), the performance and handling, and the range. The software features, whenever they arrive and/or start working will just be an amazing upside. It will also be interesting to see how much more music I listen to. Since I currently have a truck and a Jeep, I think just the quiet that an EV brings will make any music I listen to sound amazing. I'll likely have no idea whether it's Dolby Atmos or not, but I'd certainly like to get there.

I'll try to share more later this week, but certainly @hydbob, @hmp10, and @Alex have all shared a whole lot more than I could every hope to both now and probably even after I get the car :).

I'd guess that "in the early stages" can mean that generic body parts or battery packs meant for the car were being produced and could have been stockpiled for weeks waiting for the car to get on the assembly line. And that "the product is continuously being perfected" is corporate speak for "we ran into production problems and are working them out." Being a DE reservation holder = volunteering for beta testing.

While the car itself seems to be of high quality and excellent design, the quality of the production (See @hydbob for his posts on quality issues regarding the trunk) may still be problematic. Plus, there is the Zenith Red issue. But at least if a car is in the final stages of production, that would imply that the Zenith Red issue has been successfully addressed.

As for the subpoena, the delivery advisors will have to be very careful about what assurances they give, as promises made by the company may be under investigation. The best way to deal with that (from Lucid's POV) is to not provide any. I fortunately don't have experience with SEC subpoenas, but in the biotech industry, corporate integrity agreements (CIAs) or the threat of them usually cause companies to become extremely careful about what any employee at any level says both internally and externally.

What is the zenith red issue?

I posted some comments in another thread on my test drive in Scottsdale.

Back