Range at high temperatures

Chandi23

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Touring
Currently NE is going through a heat wave. Just curious to know how the range is affected by these high temperatures (nineties and above) Thanks

Currently NE is going through a heat wave. Just curious to know how the range is affected by these high temperatures (nineties and above) Thanks
Out here that is moderate temperature! There are many Lucid owners in greater Phoenix and Tucson areas on this forum. You will likely get info from some of them or you can search the forum for range and look at some of the responses from the area.

150 mile trip today. 90 miles highway averaging 70-75 mph, 60 miles 30-50 mph side streets, temperature in the low 90s with high humidity. Over 1.5 hrs sitting and waiting for ferries with AC on. Air Pure 19" average 4.3 miles/KWH for the trip

Generally speaking , the big 3 factors affecting range are speed (keep it under 80), temp (colder is bad for EV, not hot), and elevation (unrecovered, meaning just an incline between depart & arrive altitude).

Generally speaking , the big 3 factors affecting range are speed (keep it under 80), temp (colder is bad for EV, not hot), and elevation (unrecovered, meaning just an incline between depart & arrive altitude).
Yep. I just did a trip back from visiting my kids. Car sat in the sun for five hours. Then I drove home: uphill (about 300 feet), 110 F, 80+ mph, AC on high for the first few miles, then still on but turned down fan, and lo and behold...2.0. At 90 F and speed at or below 75 mph, around 2.8 for the same trip. Physics is physics.

Back