raceway

grtlooks

Cars
lucid touring
My son was telling me that we could go to a raceway as a novice and drive our lucid touring on their racetrack. Is it pretty safe? what has your experience been like? Is it worth it?😨

Get track day insurance. Ensure you have all the necessary equipment. Enjoy the day.

They won't let you get too far out of line. Traction control is also excellent in the car.

Get track day insurance. Ensure you have all the necessary equipment. Enjoy the day.

They won't let you get too far out of line. Traction control is also excellent in the car.
If you do, for the love of god just do it on the 21s

where do you get the track day insurance?

Insurance:

Most insurance companies won't cover timed events, so please make sure to check that either they do cover it, or your HPDE is not timed.

Every group that runs HPDE events have different requirements. Rules and reequipments will differ, so please check before going. At the bare minimum will be a helmet, SA2020 or SA2015.

A great resource for HPDE events will be https://www.motorsportreg.com/ , you can search by area and see who is hosting events. From there you can reach out to the organizer/group and ask any questions you may have.

Be warned, track driving CAN be very consumable heavy. Meaning, brake pads and tires can get chewed up quickly if you are pushing the car hard enough. Don't be surprised if you eat the outside shoulders of your tires, especially the fronts. Given the weight of the car, repeat braking over and over from high speeds will literally turn your brake pads to dust, so keep an eye on your pads.

Have fun!

This forum never ceases to amaze me.

Have learned so much in just 5 months of owning my Touring.

The collective brainpower and experience of the membership is amazing.

Track insurance will depend on the value of the car you’re insuring. When I was tracking my C6 Z06 corvette I declared a value of 50k$ and it was usually 300$ or so for the day.

That being said if you’re only doing HPDE course it might not even be necessary to get insurance but if it can help you sleep better then just get it 😎 but it’s almost impossible to crash during a performance driving course because they put cones in the corners to alert you to start braking and where to be to get the best line. Almost impossible to crash imo

Back