Pure and Touring Ranges

I completely understand range anxiety and that people were upset when their EV doesn’t go the expected range.

But I never trusted my ICE car either. My Audi Q7 says 580 miles on a tank of gas. I assume I’ll get about 70-75% of that too.
We don't buy these kinds of cars to hypermile them. That is why 75% is an aggressive percentage. It could even go lower. But so would everyone else and everyone else is starting from a lower point. These are "driver cars" so we want to exercise them.

We don't buy these kinds of cars to hypermile them. That is why 75% is an aggressive percentage. It could even go lower. But so would everyone else and everyone else is starting from a lower point. These are "driver cars" so we want to exercise them.
Amen

yes, it opens this weekend (to private showings via registration).

Will Lucid actually be allowed to sell their cars directly to their customers?

For years, under lobbying and political pressure from the Texas State Association of Automobile Dealers, Tesla were prevented by law from using their direct sales model to sell their cars.

Is this still the case, given that there’s now a Tesla factory in Austin, and that that twerp, Elon, is now a resident of Texas?

Will Lucid actually be allowed to sell their cars directly to their customers?

For years, under lobbying and political pressure from the Texas State Association of Automobile Dealers, Tesla were prevented by law from using their direct sales model to sell their cars.

Is this still the case, given that there’s now a Tesla factory in Austin, and that that twerp, Elon, is now a resident of Texas?
No, they still can't sell direct in Texas. See https://www.businessinsider.com/lucid-texas-lawsuit-ev-market-dealership-sales-store-2022-11

There is always a sweet spot. It is boring and absolutely no fun if we drive these cars at 55mph to see if we get epa range. SF to LA 360 miles at 60mph takes 6 excruciating hours and 425 mile Touring and even Pure may squeak by because we want at least 10% margin. Towards the last 1hr we could have serious range anxiety. If we drive at 70mph the driving time will little over 5hrs. Stopping 2 times for 20 min makes it almost the same with no anxiety and one could even have some fun on I 5 on the grapevine zipping past others. That is what I would do.

Back