PSA: 2023 Lease Return Enhanced Buyout Option

luciddad

New Member

Joined
May 23, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Cars
2023 Air GT
My lease is maturing next week, and prior to today, I hadn't communicated with LFS about my decision to return or extend my car. On September 30, Lucid Sales sent an email titled "Still deciding? 3 ways to keep your Lucid journey going." I re-read that email for fun last night as I was contemplating the life choices that got me here. Then... I discovered something peculiar in the purchase option paragraph, a quirk and feature of the latest Lucid emails if you will. Suddenly, a familiar-sounding voice in my head exclaimed "This... is the enhanced buyout option, and it drops the buyout price of your Lucid to prevailing market prices. All right let's take it out on the road and go for a test drive."

So my original buyout price was around $90k, and my enhanced buyout price is $63k.

YMMV, but the very nice lady at LFS told me that the enhanced buyout option is not available for GTPs and Sapphires (lol).

Your options:

Responsive Image
Purchase your current Lucid
For the first time, Lucid Financial Services1 is offering an enhanced buyout option; allowing you to keep the Lucid you already love, often at a more attractive price. Contact Lucid Financial Services to see what this means for you.

Call Lucid Financial Services at +1 833 423 0369 to explore your buyout offer.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was told by a sales associate that this would be coming.

I guess that’s one way to avoid dealing with BoA for both Lucid AND the customer. Not a bad idea.
 
Interesting. I phoned Lucid Financial/ BofA today to ask about the buyout price for my 2023 Touring with 9k miles and was quoted $81k, I'll try again with this info Monday.
 
Interesting. I phoned Lucid Financial/ BofA today to ask about the buyout price for my 2023 Touring with 9k miles and was quoted $81k, I'll try again with this info Monday.
Wasn’t it specified in your lease term as the residual?
 
My lease is maturing next week, and prior to today, I hadn't communicated with LFS about my decision to return or extend my car. On September 30, Lucid Sales sent an email titled "Still deciding? 3 ways to keep your Lucid journey going." I re-read that email for fun last night as I was contemplating the life choices that got me here. Then... I discovered something peculiar in the purchase option paragraph, a quirk and feature of the latest Lucid emails if you will. Suddenly, a familiar-sounding voice in my head exclaimed "This... is the enhanced buyout option, and it drops the buyout price of your Lucid to prevailing market prices. All right let's take it out on the road and go for a test drive."

So my original buyout price was around $90k, and my enhanced buyout price is $63k.

YMMV, but the very nice lady at LFS told me that the enhanced buyout option is not available for GTPs and Sapphires (lol).

Your options:

Responsive Image
Purchase your current Lucid
For the first time, Lucid Financial Services1 is offering an enhanced buyout option; allowing you to keep the Lucid you already love, often at a more attractive price. Contact Lucid Financial Services to see what this means for you.

Call Lucid Financial Services at +1 833 423 0369 to explore your buyout offer.
Drat! I would certainly have appreciated this in April when my lease expired!
 
Back
Top