Problem charging with J1772 charger and Lucid adapter

Tom explains why that is a bad idea. At the end of the video above he shows an adapter exactly like that and the safety issues with it.
Did I miss something, or was Tom only explaining why a combined J1772/CCS1 to NACS adapter was a bad idea, and not why a NACS to combined J1772/CCS1 was also a bad idea?
 
The earlier video that @Saksak posted:

I actually did not know the dual AC+DC adapters are not recommended. Thanks for the info. Although technically feasible, a good explanation of why these are not made by reputable brands is in:
.

Tom talks about why a dual mode NACS to CCS1 is a bad thing starting about 6:15.
 
Tom talks about why a dual mode NACS to CCS1 is a bad thing starting about 6:15.
OK, In this video, he talks about one company making such a thing (which he doesn't recommend), and also how he's heard people cutting away plastic to make the regular J1772 adapters fit (which he also does't recommend)


I do have to admit that I still get myself confused over which way adapters are specified. Must keep remembering it's: from Cable end To Car port.
 
Back
Top