Preview from PPF Shop of Partial Black Out

Thinjake

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, Genesis GV80
My car is at shop for full body XPel PPF and Ceramic. Standard except I had them use the Gloss Black wrap for the name plate and the roof pillars/cantrails. I get to pick it up tomorrow AM.

They just sent me these photos to make my mouth drool!

Front.jpg
Front Passenger.jpg
Driver rear.jpg

Looks awesome! I’m considering doing the same when I get my black AT. Curious as to why you chose to leave the side view mirrors as is….

Here is the final product. I left the mirrors as an accent piece. I though the roof rails were a little too much but I wanted to leave just enough chrome/silver so they stand out a little.

IMG_7676.jpg
IMG_7673.jpg

Looks great! Have you had your Lucid long enough to assess the factory tint on the windows and canopy? Read somewhere that Lucid has recently updated the canopy and curious as whether that has helped with heat rejection…

turned out nice. Just enough sliver for accents.

Last one...
IMG_7680.jpg

Looks great! Have you had your Lucid long enough to assess the factory tint on the windows and canopy? Read somewhere that Lucid has recently updated the canopy and curious as whether that has helped with heat rejection…
I have not....plus being in upstate NY, I am dealing with 30s and 40s right now. I'd welcome the heat right now!

Updated the canopy how? Like they use a different glass/tint than earlier deliveries?

Updated the canopy how? Like they use a different glass/tint than earlier deliveries?
Yes. The original tint was metallic in nature and didn't let certain transmissions through as a result; the redeveloped glass does, but the tint and heat rejection is still great.

Here is the final product. I left the mirrors as an accent piece. I though the roof rails were a little too much but I wanted to leave just enough chrome/silver so they stand out a little.

View attachment 6187View attachment 6188
How did you get the black ppf to stick to the front chrome where the letters are? I had them do blackouts for the front chrome light bar and it looks terrible because it’s not wrapped down into the gap. They said it’s because it’s hard to get the ppf to stick to the brushed aluminum/chrome front piece. They’re offering to redo it in black vinyl but I’m not sure it’s the best solution

Back